Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Rylatts
Egg

Exclamation Tortoise isn't eating!

Hello everyone,

I have a spur-thighed tortoise that was hatched in august 2015, his name in Sheldon (Original i know )

Recently Sheldon hasn't been eating his food, also unless woken he doesn't wake up.
I haven't seen him poo in a while also, at least a week. same with urates.

He has lots nearly 10g which is very worrying!
I bath him daily with added Reptoboost, he gets fed weeds from the garden and also weeds that i have grown.
Recently i changed his enclosure and build my own one, he used to live in a vivarium (New home below)

He used to have wood chip as his substrate which was changed as i didn't think it was good for him, he now has "Tortoise life" as it was new i fear he ingested some of it.
At the basking end of the enclosure the temps are 30 Degrees c and at the opposite end it is 20-25 Degrees C.
I also have a cuttlefish in the enclosure for him to attack, and have a calcium supplement that i put on his food from time to time. Also as you can see there is a UV tube in his enclosure, also there is a heat mat in his home which is set to turn on when it drops below 19 Degrees C.

I think that's about it, if anyone has any other questions please ask as i'm starting to get worried

I'm thinking about making an appointment to see the vets soon!​
Rylatts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eating, food, tortoise