Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 07-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #21
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post

PS CB I think Game of Thrones is on Sky? Don't have that channel.
Neither do I, Jan. We got an Amazon Fire stick and now we can watch almost anything and it’s all completely legal.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #22
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
You seem to have had a cold and snowy winter this year? Or is it just normal?

PS CB I think Game of Thrones is on Sky? Don't have that channel.
Yes a bit more cold and snowy than recent years and more to come on Friday but there's more heat in the sun as each day passes so should be safe from a really long spell of snow lying around. The last bad one was 2010 when it started with heavy snow on November 30th
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #23
Suze65
Adult

It's freezing and has been for what's seems like forever, I'm truly fed up of the biting cold , roll on spring and summer.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #24
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Neither do I, Jan. We got an Amazon Fire stick and now we can watch almost anything and it’s all completely legal.
Emma is that a one off payment?

With that chap keep advertising it on TV I thought perhaps it was all about Top Gear!
Old 10-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #25
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Emma is that a one off payment?

With that chap keep advertising it on TV I thought perhaps it was all about Top Gear!
Yes. Then you can download Kodi, all completely free and legal, and start searching for films and tv series to watch.
The pre-loaded Kodi boxes are illegal but this is fine to do and we’re up to date with the latest seasons of all our favourite dramas plus we got to see Game of Thrones, all seasons, and other great box sets that we’d not been able to see due to not having Sky/Netflix, etc.
I wasn’t convinced when hubby got it but it was a godsend over Christmas when the schedule was poor.
However, as for how to set it up...I’m totally useless with technology so left it to the men of the house but it’s really easy to search and save films and box sets. Hubby watched one series of the Grand Tour, deemed it a pile of rubbish and hasn’t bothered watching any more.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #26
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

More snow this morning and more to come tomorrow morning, surely it will end soon and we will be straight into summer
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
More snow this morning and more to come tomorrow morning, surely it will end soon and we will be straight into summer
Fingers crossed Alan!

Well I have decided to change Albert, my blind torts outside enclosure by giving her a grow house I brought this spring. Its hardwood & about 4 foot x 3 foot.

But it forecast heavy rain Saturday, dry today. So like an idiot I emptied all my cactus out of said grow house & dragged the blinking thing into middle of conservatory (I was shattered after work & thought that'll to!) But its snowed all of today! Hasn't settled, but hasn't stopped, so its still unpainted! I'm hoping for a dry day tomorrow. (& the energy to drag it back outside!)
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #28
burnt toast
Adult

I actually think its been a very cold winter here (apart from a few days of 12 degrees!)

Interestingly my torts outside in the keter boxes are still sleeping. We had minus 2-4 a few nights last week. I did add insulation. Checked inside boxes 5 degrees highest temp and lowest its been is 3.5. So I'm very pleased with that.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #29
CherryBrandy
Adult

yes still 3 degrees over night and 7 in the conservatory today but when the sun comes out I must admit it makes all the difference.

Maybe Kodi is some sort of hibernation tool to be put to use , then food deliveries I could stay in all winter.
Did anyone see Sue perkins on the chimps from the labs. it was so heartwarming but planet of the apes films have got a lot to answer for when they went into rehab. CB
Old 13-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #30
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
yes still 3 degrees over night and 7 in the conservatory today but when the sun comes out I must admit it makes all the difference.

Maybe Kodi is some sort of hibernation tool to be put to use , then food deliveries I could stay in all winter.
Did anyone see Sue perkins on the chimps from the labs. it was so heartwarming but planet of the apes films have got a lot to answer for when they went into rehab. CB
Kodi has been the perfect hibernation tool...walk the dog and back home to a film or next episode of GOT, Vikings or Outlander.

The sun has been lovely when it’s come out. We had a sprinkle of snow yesterday but torrential rain this morning. All very changeable but each day is a day nearer to spring.