Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Events/Meetings

Old 16-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeandmytortoise View Post
Great news ...

I plan to arrive a little later today ... around 12.30 so I can feed the folks first. If anyone arrives at 12.00 and sees the hall and car park empty I won't be long!
Once again, a huge thank you to Lynne Stoakes for an excellent presentation on the subject of UV light in the metabolism of Chelonia.
As usual, her highly informative style which is communicated in a very pleasing manner makes for very easy and informed listening!
Only one small observation, which is not a criticism of her but of the Veterinary press which it seems has given credence to that recent report by Areana, Warwick and Steadman. To provide, a front page story to a quasi scientific paper which has very questionable source material is very disappointing!
Geomyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

A massive "thank you" to Lynne for a terrific talk. So well presented, loved the slides and she took so many questions on a variety of subjects. A great afternoon.

Rather a 'cosy' meeting and "thank you" to everyone who helped move everything to another room to make this a success.