Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 15-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #61
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Frog View Post
Hi Emma.Yes a took a break but came back,also due to bullying.Hope you are well and torts too!!
Normally these threads on the forum are removed and covered up by a select few, strange.
Hopefully the nice weather will make our shelled friends more active and bring more of the old members back and let's welcome the newcomers as they need advice and support
Oh Jackie, so sorry to hear you were bullied! I presume that was on Facebook? It's all so unnecessary.
There aren't any mods on here anymore, hence no one to step in and decide to close threads or let them run. To be honest this is the first big row on here for quite some time, so it's something of a novelty really!

Torts are all well thanks. Hope yours and the rest of your zoo are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becciwales View Post
Hello, sadly not anywhere nice, yes they have all grown loads! I will take some photos and upload them, hopefully later on today. My hubby did a great job of looking after them! xxx
It'd be nice to see your torts again, Becci. Sounds like your holiday was a disappointment.
Hope work is better now. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #62
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
To be honest this is the first big row on here for quite some time, so it's something of a novelty really. x
That's not quite true, is it! About a month ago there was another row here. Because I dare to breed THH without knowing from which exact locality they are. (No matter that the majority of people on this forum don't know for sure from what locality their tortoises are!) I was accused of doing it for money, my sweet babies were called cross breeds... But we are one, big, happy family here. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. But bullying is wrong and things are not going to change until enough people have the guts to challenge such behaviour.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #63
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou View Post
You know, I read my other thread in complete shock the other day. A simple comment was attacked relentlessly. All anyone had to say was, oops, sorry, misread it. But where's the fun in that? Let's just bully someone instead.

Make's no odds to me, I'm old enough and wise enough to take it on the chin. But had I been some kid coming here for advice, who knows?

You do realise your comment has been completely ignored? Anyway, onward and upward, it's not a first world problem. I've had a super evening out with my husband and friends.

Leave em' too it. X
you should look up the definition of bullying. you are just diluting the seriousness of bullying which is impactual on the victim.

Having different views to you or others does not constitute bullying. Resorting to swearing is unacceptable. You ARE in the MINORITY.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #64
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanako View Post
That's not quite true, is it! About a month ago there was another row here. Because I dare to breed THH without knowing from which exact locality they are. (No matter that the majority of people on this forum don't know for sure from what locality their tortoises are!) I was accused of doing it for money, my sweet babies were called cross breeds... But we are one, big, happy family here. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. But bullying is wrong and things are not going to change until enough people have the guts to challenge such behaviour.
Its not bullying !!! If it were then Radio 5 debates would be bullying !

People have opinions and will voice them in different ways. Different cultures and backgrounds, and views, does not constitute bullying. A row does not constitute bullying.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #65
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
you should look up the definition of bullying. you are just diluting the seriousness of bullying which is impactual on the victim.

Having different views to you or others does not constitute bullying. Resorting to swearing is unacceptable. You ARE in the MINORITY.

Oh, not doing your witty little take on one of my posts today? Resorting to swearing is unacceptable? Says who? You? lol lol And typing in shouty capitals doesn't make you right either.

I'll take Hanako's advice and stick around. I'll ignore you and your little tribe that seem to follow your lead.

Now, about that jogging....................
Lynnie Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #66
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Its not bullying !!! If it were then Radio 5 debates would be bullying !

People have opinions and will voice them in different ways. Different cultures and backgrounds, and views, does not constitute bullying. A row does not constitute bullying.
I agree with the bit "raise them in a different ways". Some of the ways are socially acceptable, some are not. Unfortunately a few posters here don't seem to know the difference! I don't mind that someone has a different opinion, that's quite natural, but I am strongly against how those opinion are raised. You may want to re-read that particular thread. If you don't see anything wrong with that, it may say something about you.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #67
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou View Post
This forum really is a great place for advice, but warning, don't upset the locals or you'll be set upon.

Good Luck. You'll need it.

Pssst. Please feel free to delete my account. I'll find my advice somewhere else that isn't so judgemental.
ok couple more posts then shutting it down.

Clangers style...

wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee wooooooooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooo. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

wo wo wo. wa wo weee.

Psst. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee. go to moon. go go goooooooooooooooo for good.

I wont be doing Wookey Star Wars or Dickensean style as post will be closing.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #68
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
How do you know that people who had the same problems on this forum are in minority? The thing with bullying is that those people often don't speak up. They may not come back again, or they just read and stop posting. You are making serious assumptions here. I know for certain that we are not the only ones. I did get a few emails from other posters after the last 'incident'. It is not as rare here as some posters would like to believe.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #69
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

Quote:
ok couple more posts then shutting it down.

Clangers style...

wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee wooooooooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooo. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

wo wo wo. wa wo weee.

Psst. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee. go to moon. go go goooooooooooooooo for good.

I wont be doing Wookey Star Wars or Dickensean style as post will be closing.

A couple more posts then shutting it down? Funny how you're doing that now and not after all the replies from your little gang, isn't it?

How we laughed.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #70
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

Absolute control freak.

I believe in freedom of speech. Clearly Cherry does, as long as it's hers.