Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Rehoming

Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
allen23
Egg

Unhappy Elongated tortoise

I bought this tortoise naively thinking it was the same as the tortoise I owned previously for 40 years.I now know he is not.He is a lovely little chap but I do not have the facilities to make his life pleasant and give him the living conditions he needs.I have joined this forum to find out if there is a rehoming centre in Liverpool area.He is about 7 ins long and I believe he is male but I could be wrong.Please do not judge me I will miss him and dont want payment but he deserves more than I can provide.
Old 19-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Allen,
No judgement here It might though help if you posted your e-mail address as you won't be able to use the PM facility until you have made 5 posts. Also a picture of the tortoise would help greatly.

Danny
Old 19-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
SeeShell
Adult

Good luck Allen. They are lovely torts; better to part with the little guy if you can't properly cater for his needs. I'm not sure that there's many people on here who keep them - good luck finding a home.
ps did you get hime from a breeder? If so, might the breeder take him back?
Old 19-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
THEHANDOFOMEGA
Juvenile

Great species. Shame I am banned from homing more. Cant wait to see pics though.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
allen23
Egg

Smile

Not good at uploading pics but he is exactly as in the pics,thanks for your replies.I know he originally came from a breeder in Manchester but thats all I know as this species does not require certificates,checked with DEFRA.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Box girl
Sub Adult

Hi I keep and breed these lovely torts. any chance you could e- mail me a photo? why do you think you could not look after him? I am happy to take you through their needs or could possibly offer a home if necessary, although we do already have a lot of boys if it is one. It is also a long waybfor us as I am not driving at present. Let mecsee if I can help you keep him it does notvrequire that much kit.
Contact mcoleman@asachelt.org
Boys have much largervtails and when in breeding condition red noses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen23 View Post
I bought this tortoise naively thinking it was the same as the tortoise I owned previously for 40 years.I now know he is not.He is a lovely little chap but I do not have the facilities to make his life pleasant and give him the living conditions he needs.I have joined this forum to find out if there is a rehoming centre in Liverpool area.He is about 7 ins long and I believe he is male but I could be wrong.Please do not judge me I will miss him and dont want payment but he deserves more than I can provide.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 15-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
allen23
Egg

I actually think it is a female but I am not an expert.
Old 15-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen23 View Post
I actually think it is a female but I am not an expert.
can you post a picture?
Old 30-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
allen23
Egg

I have photos on my phone but cant find the lead,will try and find it later and see if I can post it up.
Old 30-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Box girl
Sub Adult

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Closed Thread