Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #11
kreacher
Sub Adult

Yeah the tortoises would be fine in a viv just for a holiday...my local place has tables for them so it's worth asking
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #12
dolittle
Hatched

I boarded mine in my rep shop for two weeks, they were in a big viv away from the shop and were absolutely fine. I collected a big bag of weeds for them along with some pellets and salad as it was winter.
fish
2 male leopard geckos
1 panther chameleon
ca painted wood turtle

nicola osborne on facebook

RIP my wonderful boxer sasha, will miss you lotsxxxxxxxx 13 04 10
dolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #13
mark r
Hatched

we take all our lot with us but we only holiday in the UK
mark r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
FinnGB
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark r View Post
we take all our lot with us but we only holiday in the UK
Tell you what, its temping to take then away with us shame we are planning a couple of break from jan-march, will be way to cold in uk
FinnGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Pussygalore
Adult

I'm not sure but you might find thats its ilegal to leave any animal/bird etc without someone caring for it! the RSPCA and a few others would take a very dim veiw and a neibour or similar would be well within their rights to report you for neglect. I know that applies to dogs/cats but I'm not sure about reptiles its not a risk I'd want to take, to say nothing of what could happen say if a fire broke out or you had a power cut/flood. It would be far less worrying to keep trying to find someone to care for them, is there a animal park/zoo or rescue/sanctuary near you if not why not phone and ask the various organisations or try asking your local vets. It would be horrible to come back and find your house had been broken into by the police and your animals confiscated.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
FinnGB
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I'm not sure but you might find thats its ilegal to leave any animal/bird etc without someone caring for it! the RSPCA and a few others would take a very dim veiw and a neibour or similar would be well within their rights to report you for neglect. I know that applies to dogs/cats but I'm not sure about reptiles its not a risk I'd want to take, to say nothing of what could happen say if a fire broke out or you had a power cut/flood. It would be far less worrying to keep trying to find someone to care for them, is there a animal park/zoo or rescue/sanctuary near you if not why not phone and ask the various organisations or try asking your local vets. It would be horrible to come back and find your house had been broken into by the police and your animals confiscated.
ya i wont be leaving them alone for sure
FinnGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #17
EJ
Adult

And you're going to tell me that locking an animal in a frige for how many weeks cannot be reported as animal abuse????????

Hopefully most people would realize that we are talking about reptiles here and are not so stupid as to think they could not be left alone for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
dolittle
Hatched

I would have no problem leaving my reps for a few days with lower temps ect, on odd days they hardly move much anyway. The dogs don't get left for more than a few hours on any day and if I had any small mammals I would be fine with that as well. I think leaving them for a few days with extra food is a bit different than buggering off on holiday for weeks on end.
fish
2 male leopard geckos
1 panther chameleon
ca painted wood turtle

nicola osborne on facebook

RIP my wonderful boxer sasha, will miss you lotsxxxxxxxx 13 04 10
dolittle is offline   Reply With Quote