Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 22-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #21
burnt toast
Adult

It might depend on age of tort. At one time breeders used to give you an actual A10, so I imagine if your tort falls into that age bracket then they would want original cert. More recently the originals have been returned to Defra by breeders & photocopies issued to buyers. (in this case photocopies would have to suffice) ... only a guess
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #22
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
It might depend on age of tort. At one time breeders used to give you an actual A10, so I imagine if your tort falls into that age bracket then they would want original cert. More recently the originals have been returned to Defra by breeders & photocopies issued to buyers. (in this case photocopies would have to suffice) ... only a guess
Yes, that's the impression I got, Lynn. I've only got photocopies so that has to do.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #23
Suze65
Adult

I had one of mine chipped today, because I am selling him. Unlike the last ones I had chipped, there was no form, it was all done on line, but they did give me a printed pet plan breakdown of all the info on the forms ( online ) so this is what I will send off with the cites cert and application form. When I bought this tortoise I was given a white copy of the A10 cert and the breeder kept the yellow copy, so I will be sending this white copy back to defra. Hope this helps.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #24
RacingSnake
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to RacingSnake

Hi guys,
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm looking to get our certificate issued in our name. I found the forms thanks to this thread, but I'm stuck on section 19 - ie, why do I want it done?!
They're both chipped now and I have the paperwork back too.
So what option would I tick?
Thanks in advance!
Quote:
19. I request a document for the purpose of:

a)  confirming that a specimen to be (re-) exported has been acquired in accordance with the legislation in force on the protection of the species in question
b)  exempting for sale Annex A specimens from the prohibitions relating to commercial activities listed in Article 8.1 of Regulation (EC) No 338/97
c)  exempting for display to the public without sale Annex A specimens from the prohibitions relating to commercial activities listed in Article 8.1 of Regulation (EC) No 338/97
d)  using the specimens for the advancement of science/breeding or propagation/research or education or other non-detrimental purposes
e)  authorising the movement within the Union of a live Annex A specimen from the location indicated in the import permit or in any certificate.
    {_}-{_}                    {_}-{_}
RacingSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #25
Gordon
Adult

Not sure if they will change it if you already have papers with a chip number on it as once you have that it is the torts passport for life.
The only time they might do it is if you have babies and need papers for them also make sure you have an up to date form as I used one a while ago and they sent it all back.
The easiest way is to call them and ask it could save a lot of time and at the same time ask them to email you a link so you can download the form.
I always call them as their rules seem to change from one week to the next.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
RacingSnake
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to RacingSnake

okie dokie, the current A10 doesn't have the chip ID's on, they're the ones that came from the breeder - thats what I was hoping to update.
the "paperwork" I have back was the stuff from the chip people (sorry for any confusion).
but yes, I'll give them a call.
    {_}-{_}                    {_}-{_}
RacingSnake is offline   Reply With Quote