Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #11
helen1
Sub Adult

TGG FEMALE AND TGI FEMALE, lucky you! What caused the shell damage on the TGibera, the missing bits at the back. I have a female THB who has horrendous damage, very similiar but hers was a dog that was allowed to chew on her for ages!! GRRRRR to the humans!

Her shell was filled and is fine now, although it looks very strange.

Good luck, I love to see older torts with people who are willing to learn and do well by them.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #12
finchy
Incubating

Hi Helen

The storey goes that a hole was drilled into the shell so that a chain could be fitted so the tort couldn’t escape. As you can imagine she wasn't too happy about this and pulled so hard at the chain that the shell broke.

This all was supposed to have happened about 30 years ago and the person that supposedly did it is now dead (so please don't report me to the RSPCA).

Both torts were handed down through family to me about 16\14 years ago when I was a boy. When I moved out of my parents the torts stayed with them. Now I have children of my own and a suitable house\garden I have just been able to take them back and hopefully learn how to look after them properly.

This site is such a great resource for learning about torts. When I had the torts (when living with parents) I borrowed books from the library which included advice like ‘tortoises should be fed snails as a supplement’. Things seem to have moved on somewhat and mine are now fed on weeds and nutrobal.

Thanks
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #13
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Marc,

Welcome to Shelled Warriors.

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote