Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #51
DoodleBopper
Hatchling

Yeah I think she is fine, she is eating really well and waddling all over the place hehe it is quite funny watching her walk up and down the stairs poor thing. Can't wait for the kittens!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #52
Sid&Nancy
Egg

Checking in to see how MummyCat is doing!

Have you wormed her yet? That's important - and also to ensure her deflea is up-to-date..
If she is showing bumps, they will move from one side to another - nothing to fret about - if you gently put you hand on a bump, you could well feel a kit move - I can then at that stage feel how many there are - and start to get excited!
Please do keep her in a smaller area - somewhere she likes, with a litter tray, several 'hideyholes' (bottom of a wardrobe is good - kitted out with fleece) - upturned boxes..
If she gets in an arguement with another cat at this stage, out and about, she'd come off worse, she needs to rest and be as comfy/spoilt as possible..
When she is within a week, her nipples will become more prominent, and pink - she will wash herself alot, sleep alot - and eat ALOT!!
If her tummy's still upset, keep her to the quality dry biscuit feed and the goats milk.

It's important she bulks up with her feeding, as she will need the strength for the birth and will not eat as much the week they are born as she will be obsessed with the kits. Make sure you have the powder kitten milk in, a syringe/pippette incase there are (unlikey) any problems and you might need to handrear.

Confining* her will also encourage her to use that litter tray - get a covered one - or use a basic tray with a cardboard box over the top with a side cut out - which makes the area private. Remember it will be HER that trains the kittens to use a tray - so she needs to be comfortable using one! I use chick crumb as a litter - it's light weight and flushable (you can scoop and flush it down the loo!).. and if the kits do eat abit, it won't hurt them... Kittens tend to nibble on cat litter - clay/wooden pellets isn't the best thing for them to nibble!

I am rambling again! I'll just add I am not a breeder !! I'm the co-founder of a cat/kitten rescue - so have nursed/fostered many pregnant cats and have handreared quite a few kittens, so have 'hands on' experience xx

* A room she is used to, likes to be in - ideally a bedroom.
Sid&Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #53
DoodleBopper
Hatchling

She has been using the litter tray much more now

I am going to tidy my room and make some nice places for her as i am hardly ever in there and it is quite big. i dont know how she will react to being indoors all the time as she loves going out still.

Can youbuy chicken food stuff anywhere?

Also is it okay to worm and flea her? I dont want to affect the kittens or anything :P

She is washing herself all of the time lol and eats like a horse!!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #54
ziggy's owner
Adult

yes its fine, worm once @ adult weight using a panacur liquiad, and its ok as long as u use frontline, can use on pregnant and whelping animals,

not sure about other products you would have to read packaging, but use panacur and its one does @ adult weight

2.0.0 spur thighs
2.3.0 hermanns
2.1.1 marginated
0.0.4 leopard
2.8.0 guinea pigs
1.2.0 Springers
1.0.0 hamster
0.0.1 Blue Tongue skink
2.2.0 Beardies
And tropical fish
Also have baby marginated tortoises for sale
ziggy's owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #55
DoodleBopper
Hatchling

Okay thankyou!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #56
DoodleBopper
Hatchling

So excited and nervous! She could give birth any day now!!!