Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #41
linda
Adult

please keep this civil !!

there is no need for personal remarks !!
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #42
chris_walton
Sub Adult

boys boys theres no need to pick up and tear peoples posts apart i understand everyone is entitled to an opinion but then theres having an opinion and picking

i dont see he did anything wrong or hasnt done something any other person would not have done as i had done exactly the same in thing myself with an adult fox that had been hit by a car and if i hadnt done this we would not of found out he had a broken spine as every other function was fine

chris

chris_walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #43
*laura*

Ive noticed a small very frail fox wondering the streets by me recently, i was concerned so phoned the rscpa, and was told just to keep a close eye on him and if i notice a deterioration in him, or injury to ring them back, ive seen him a few times since, but for the past few days havent seen him at all... so praying he is ok!

your pics are great by the way josh, i always got my camera close by incase i see foxy (yes i have named him haha) but can never turn my camera on quick enough, lol
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #44
Laraine
Adult

Send a message via Yahoo to Laraine

Well done for looking out for the fox, Its a good idea if you see an wild animal outside its normal area or time to be out to take a photo with a zoom lens, that way if there is a problem you can show the picture to the RSPCA or oher wildlife group if and when you need to report it. That way they know exactly what they are dealing with and can make sure they have the right equipment and then can take it to the most appropriate or nearest vet.

We found some injured wild birds in our open conservatory a few years ago, a hawk and some magpies had been after them, they were missing feathers and were bleeding. When we rang the rescue centre, we were asked for photos, and had to email them to the rescue centre and then were told what type of box to use and how to gently catch them, and where to take the birds. (35 miles from us!) No warden or rescue officer was in our area, so we had to do it.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #45
Pussygalore
Adult

It was a rare opportunity to take some nice photos and see close up an animal which normally wouldn't be seen, however they don't have to be injured or ill to be seen our fox has been living with us for over a year now she/he sleeps under our barbeque, sits on our porch, shows interest in anything we are doing in the garden and has even started playing with a ball and stick just lateley, it enjoys a game with hubby and has never been forced to stay here it appears to enjoy our company and we certainly enjoy its. Occassionally it goes off for a couple of days perhaps to its mate if it has one it is on treatment for mange which is clearing up nicely has been wormed and given flea tablets, I know the majority of people don't like them but to us its part of the family now along with the squirrels and badgers.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #46
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

as already said josh there great pictures....a fox lost it's mother you watched out for it and it's mothers found it.....a nice feel good story all round. alternativly the baby fox might have gone looking for mum and got hide by a car or attacked by a dog.....staying in the bush must have helped it

welldone.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #47
KearasNana
Sub Adult

ah bless they are great photo's