Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 24-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by becciwales View Post
I got out of the habit of coming on here when it was down, I try to come on because I miss chatting to those not on facebook, but then days will go by and I'll have forgotten.
Yes, I think that's what happened Becci. People are on Facebook a lot anyway, so I can see why they've drifted into tortoise groups on it. It's convenient and saves them going to other websites.
I think for me, because I'm not on any other tort forum, it's been really noticeable how many of the old crowd disappeared after the forum went down and they just never returned.
The forum seems to be picking up a little but only very slowly, which is a shame. As you say, people fall out of the habit.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #12
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Yes, I think that's what happened Becci. People are on Facebook a lot anyway, so I can see why they've drifted into tortoise groups on it. It's convenient and saves them going to other websites.
I think for me, because I'm not on any other tort forum, it's been really noticeable how many of the old crowd disappeared after the forum went down and they just never returned.
The forum seems to be picking up a little but only very slowly, which is a shame. As you say, people fall out of the habit.
Yes, it's so easy to. Though I'm guilty of setting up a facebook group too. I hate the way some are so nasty so Jackie and I set up our own. I'm not on other forums either, I found this one the most friendly and helpful. xx

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by becciwales View Post
Yes, it's so easy to. Though I'm guilty of setting up a facebook group too. I hate the way some are so nasty so Jackie and I set up our own. I'm not on other forums either, I found this one the most friendly and helpful. xx
It's a shame that some groups and forums aren't so friendly. I've seen people comment a lot about that on here over the years. I have no doubt that you and Jackie have a fun and friendly group.
If I was a fan of FB I wouldn't have hesitated to join your lovely group. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 24-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
Suze65
Adult

I think when the forum went down, and the FB group was set up, it was an obviouse place for us to meet up, as we couldn't on here for so long, and we just got used to it, so it's inevitable that it will take a while for it to pick up here, I too am guilty of getting used to just going on FB and to begin with kept forgetting to come on here. It did seem very quiet on here for a while, but I sure it will pick up again , and we will get back to normal. I'm not going anywhere, and I'm getting better at remembering to come here everyday now. But FB is useful too, they are different, but both enjoyable. You can be a bit more naughty on here, we have to behave ourselves on FB. I sometimes don't know how some people do behave, mentioning no names !

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #15
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze View Post
I think when the forum went down, and the FB group was set up, it was an obviouse place for us to meet up, as we couldn't on here for so long, and we just got used to it, so it's inevitable that it will take a while for it to pick up here, I too am guilty of getting used to just going on FB and to begin with kept forgetting to come on here. It did seem very quiet on here for a while, but I sure it will pick up again , and we will get back to normal. I'm not going anywhere, and I'm getting better at remembering to come here everyday now. But FB is useful too, they are different, but both enjoyable. You can be a bit more naughty on here, we have to behave ourselves on FB. I sometimes don't know how some people do behave, mentioning no names !
There's no over 18's section on FB. It is a nice group, but as Suze says, different to a forum. Each have their place, definitely! We will get back to normal and I'm not going anywhere either!
If only uploading photos could be as easy on forums as it is on Facebook xx

Old 25-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #16
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

I could post more Emma but I think I'd get in trouble

Danny
Old 25-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64 View Post
I could post more Emma but I think I'd get in trouble

Danny
You're right there Danny! We all still point the finger in your direction for causing the forum to go down in the first place.
Hmmmmm.....think I could have phrased that better!!

Old 25-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #18
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
You're right there Danny! We all still point the finger in your direction for causing the forum to go down in the first place.
Hmmmmm.....think I could have phrased that better!!
on soooooo many levels

Old 25-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #19
Suze65
Adult

See, it's going naughty already!

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze View Post
See, it's going naughty already!
Whoops....completely unintentionally.
A bit of naughtiness is fun though!