Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 04-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Jamsbabe
Egg

Default 2 Newbies signing in! :o)

heya, my husband and i have recently joined the masses of proud Turtle owners! Due to being first time owners of turtles, we thought we'd find out as much as possible about them, which is how we found this site!! i must really say its awesome! helpful and informative, members just as great!! thanks to all of ya that have given us info so far! you've all been so helpful!

my name is Angie, and am married to Jamie (Jwtech, he can introduce himself later! lol) we have a 3 year old daughter and live happily in South Wales! for our 5th wedding anniversary, i bought my dear hubby 2 baby mississippi map turtles! we've had them for 2 days now and you can definitly see that they are settling in! comical little pair! lol jamie hasnt been able to decide on names yet and keeps on tryin to call them mappy & turtle in no particular order! lol if he doesnt hurry up and name em, i'll beat him to it and name em myself! lol the lil cuties are only 1 and half to 2 inches long and i have no clue how old they are! but from the size of em, i definitly dont think they are too old. but definitly sooo cute!!

yesterday we went on a road trip to derby to pick up a full marine setup we bought on ebay. the guy still had the live rock and the fish and due to him moving said he would throw them into the package! but due to the length of our travel, we werent too sure if we wanted to risk moving the fish (about 3 and half hour drive without breaks) but he insisted that they would be fine because he has special boxes that keep the heat and temperature of the fish. we were still worried but were happy when we got home, setup the tank and added the fish, all of them are doing fine and are sooo beautiful to look at!!

we'll be checkin in quite often and will keep up ya'll uptodate on how our lil cutie turts our doing!

thanks for such a wonderful website!
Angie
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
nina
Adult

Hi Angie, and welcome to SW! Sounds like you're going to have a great set-up there. I'd love to see some pictures of your turtles and their new home.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

About time you introduced yourself to the forum! Welcome to Shelled Warriors

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
aprillinda

hi angie hi jamie

welcome to our great forum
Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
sandy
Adult

Welcome.

It sounds like you could be helping other turtle keepers on here<g> I for one know very little
about turtles. But am willing to learn.
I have been keeping tortoises for 28yrs and am reasonable on them<g> but turtles no idea.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
Jamsbabe
Egg

thanks all!! i know i shoulda popped my head in here earlier, after enjoying all the company of the regulars in the chat and stuff! hehe

i took a pic of the larger turt with my webcam, the pic is quite blurry. i will try and take some better ones soon!!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
Jamsbabe
Egg

ok i just took some more pics, still with the webcam tho

this one is of turtle number 2, he is smaller than the first and a much darker color all over!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 AM   #8
Jamsbabe
Egg

and the 1st one again! lol

Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Glitter

Great pictures... welcome to the forum.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
jwtech
Egg

Hello all I am Jamie and I am aged 32 apparently, well i stopped counting years ago, wife still does lol, let see if she still counts when she hits 30 lol.

I have always been interessed in fish and turtles/tort's, some one gave me 2 Red eared terrapins and it all started from there, sadly they died and we missed them like crazy, sooooooooo we decided, ok the wife decided to buy me a complete new setup and we now have 2 map turtles, ok so we beleive lol, they very small and very cute, but i know this is not for long, wife was skinny and cute once lol.

anyway we named the too turtles today, we called the one squirt and the other one mappy, i know sweet names, lol.

as my wife already told you we bought a marine setup for a very good price from ebay which is now fully running behind me as i type, we have a few nice fish in there, but I know you guys are not interessed in fish so wont say much about them, but all i can say is what a display, i love them too bits, i think next up is a malawi display followed by seahorse and then we will start looking to open the zoo

any way really excited about the new additions to our family, cause i dont see the turtles as pets specially as they will problem now out live me lol, i hope they save up hard for my funeral

any way looking forward to meeting some of you, some of you i already know from chat soo looking forward to learning, already learnt alot thanks to kelly and dan, better mention kelly or she kick my butt again lol.

any nice to be here and looking forward to enjoying a long future with my turtles
jwtech is offline   Reply With Quote