Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 29-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
trulytortoises
Hatchling

Talking This mad me laugh!

Just thought i would share this one with you's, i thought it was quite funny- This is a true conversation i had with my 3yr old daughter Leah.

She often says to me 'mammy, i love you' and obviously i say 'i love you too Leah'. So one time we were sitting in or living room and she was on & off my knee jumping about as she does (she is 3 but often think shes going on 13, with the little attitude she has sometimes, lol!) and whilst sitting calmly on my knee for no more than 5mins she said 'mammy, i love you' then gave me a kiss, i said that was very kind, arr... 'smiled' and said 'Leah' i love you to bits'.
silence....she turned to me and if looks could kill..... she said 'MAMMY....Im Leah not bits....(lol) and went off in a huff. It was so funny at the time, the expression on her face as if to say you had forgotten my name and called me 'bits' instead of 'Leah' she had a look of disgust on her face that her mammy could forget her name, lol! hahah! bless...kids they are so funny!

1.1.0- THB- williow(f) & cavalli(m)
trulytortoises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

awwwww
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
Lolly8
Adult

Old 29-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
linda
Adult

brilliant
this is so special
remember it for life xxxxx

i remember my daughter telling
her new dad i love 100 & 58 thousand kisses

she is now all most 30
and both she and her dad find these few words so special
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

They are comics when they are little. I was thinking this morning with the clocks going forward about when ours were little it used to take them about a week to adjust to the time change, they were knackered for a week
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
trulytortoises
Hatchling

lol! they are so funny, with the lighter mornings shes waking up earlier too, shes at that stage now when everything thing is 'why?' when shes playing upstairs in her room, im constantly shouting up 'Leah, are u ok up there'/ 'What u doing?' so now if im upstairs getting ready and shes downstairs watching tv, she will shout up 'mam, ru ok up there, just checking your ok or make sure your not making a mess up there mind, im going to come & check'. Lol! Shes also convinced all the staff at her nursery that shes got a little sister, so the staff had said to me 'Eee we never knew Leah has a sister' i looked puzzled & said she hasnt got any brothers or sisters. They said are you sure, and im thinking im sure i would remember if i had any other children, lol!

1.1.0- THB- williow(f) & cavalli(m)
trulytortoises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
dugy
Juvenile

aww!!

talking about the clocks, i am dreading work next week.. 30 children having to ajust to the clocks changing is not a good thing!!

one of the funnyest things i've observed from a child is a two year old reading a 'bob the builder' book by himself... he was really quiet and then just said really loud 'oh sh*t' i went over and told him it was unnapropriate blah blah and he said 'but look, bob fell down!'

at least it was in context!!
dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
Joanne2407
Juvenile

Awwww! Kids are sooo funny I work with 60 4-5 year olds and 30 3-4 year olds every day and I am always laughing at them. They do some very strange things lol. We had a little girl ask one of the students if she had a baby in her tummy and the student said "No. Do I look like I have?" and the child replied "Yes, you do!"

Where do you work Dugy? I work in a school nursery and reception class. I also live near Newcastle - Ive just noticed you live in Newcastle upon Tyne. (You are very lucky finding 2 tortoises near to where you live - I had to travel to Yorkshire for mine!) They are worth it though

Joanne xx
Old 29-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
dugy
Juvenile

i work at newcastle college day nursery =] and at weekends up hexham at the priory school (with kids with special needs)

yeah.. its done my head in trying to find them!
dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
Sylvia1
Adult

Aww that's so cute. She sounds like she has quite a sharp mind

3 hermanns, 2 leopards, 2 german shepherds, 5 cats, 3 tropical tanks
Sylvia1 is offline   Reply With Quote