Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 10-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #11
burnt toast
Adult

Congratulations Lynne
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelylayla View Post
Well, didn't quite get done what I had planned on doing today - but hey!

URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/LYNNE1BLORE/media/LAYLAEGGS9-6-14009.jpg.html][/URL]

OK, so they are in the incubator at 32 degrees, trying for 70% humidity - does that sound right? Also, too exhausted to look it up - for how long?
Any other advice appreciated
OH WOW Lynne, after soooooooo long, you must be the most excited, happy person right now, well done Apollo and Layla........ill be keeping a special look out for these eggs and little golden hatchlings, I'm excited for you Lynne (being a fellow golden greek owner) xxx

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
OH WOW Lynne, after soooooooo long,
After how long???
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
lonelylayla
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
OH WOW Lynne, after soooooooo long, you must be the most excited, happy person right now, well done Apollo and Layla........ill be keeping a special look out for these eggs and little golden hatchlings, I'm excited for you Lynne (being a fellow golden greek owner) xxx
Thanks Bev - yep, I'm like a dog with two tails Layla and Apollo only had one "date day" and I was starting to think perhaps it was too much of a brief encounter But sure enough, I noticed her sniffing the ground so put a kettle of hot water over what appeared to be her preferred mound under the basking light, she dug a hole and laid - it was all done in about 2 hours - I was amazed Now the waiting Fingers crossed there will be something for all her efforts

TG Terresteris 1:3:1 Apollo & Layla, Santa, Helpa & Unig
TG Iberia 2:3:0 Tonka, LJ, Persephone, Cleo & Clyde
Saffron TGG RIP Jaunary 2019
Jasper, Harry & Ruby pussy cats
4 ex bat hens.
lonelylayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #15
lonelylayla
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
After how long???
Sorry Alley - meant to reply before but obviously didn't I bought Layla in 2003, when she was 6 years old. Internet purchase, just described as a female Spur Thigh and I was looking for partner for my male. Only because she didn't look anything like my other (Tonka) I started doing some research Quickly learned from books that there are many species and sub species and tried to find a compatible male. Eventually found my way to Shelled Warriors Danny did the ID and at last I knew exactly what I was supposed to be searching for A few false starts, but eventually found Apollo and here we are So, it's taken 11 years and Layla is no longer lonely On a serious note, it proves the value of a forum like this to educate and support people and their torts

TG Terresteris 1:3:1 Apollo & Layla, Santa, Helpa & Unig
TG Iberia 2:3:0 Tonka, LJ, Persephone, Cleo & Clyde
Saffron TGG RIP Jaunary 2019
Jasper, Harry & Ruby pussy cats
4 ex bat hens.
lonelylayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelylayla View Post
Sorry Alley - meant to reply before but obviously didn't I bought Layla in 2003, when she was 6 years old. Internet purchase, just described as a female Spur Thigh and I was looking for partner for my male. Only because she didn't look anything like my other (Tonka) I started doing some research Quickly learned from books that there are many species and sub species and tried to find a compatible male. Eventually found my way to Shelled Warriors Danny did the ID and at last I knew exactly what I was supposed to be searching for A few false starts, but eventually found Apollo and here we are So, it's taken 11 years and Layla is no longer lonely On a serious note, it proves the value of a forum like this to educate and support people and their torts
That is brilliant! thanks for getting me up to speed

My original Horsfield Maureen I bought in 2004 when she was 4 or 5 years old, she has never produced yet, every year I think this is going to be her year you have given me hope!! Congratulations on the eggs.
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote