Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #431
Gordon
Adult

Its sunday now.
If you could only smell my wound I'm sure most people would be sick its horrible.
So it's now 9 days since this has been coming out and just doesn't seem to be slowing up to the point I'm changing dressings twice a day to keep the smell down. I went to hospital on Friday and I smelt so bad I sat out in the corridor as opposed to the waiting room and my other half wouldn't even sit next to me and when I was in the treatment room and the door was shut it was worse.
So the Dr I saw sent a picture to the main consultant I saw the other week the one who said there is nothing in there so let's see what it looks like in a months time as he probably isn't aware of me popping open.
Back there on monday to see what they are going to do as I slightly lost my cool on Friday and said nicely I wanted something doing as all their scans are not doing any good which I've now proved so let's see what Monday brings.
If they say let's leave it and see what it does that's me done with them and I'm just going to dress it myself and if I get ill I will go to my local hospital as I'm fed up with keep driving all that way for what seems to be nothing.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #432
tortydat
Sub Adult

I really am surprised you have been patient all this time as it's so bad the way you have been treated. Surely to goodness they must do something to help on Monday otherwise I might have to postpone that visit for a cup of coffee!! x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #433
Yvonne G
Hatched

I don't pretend to know anything about UK health services, but if it's at all possible, I'd be looking at going to a different place and a different doctor. Your existing health care professionals aren't doing the job for you. No one should have to put up with what you're having to endure.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:25 PM   #434
emma_mcraf
Adult

Ridiculous, especially considering you’re having to drive a fair way and pay for parking and fuel for what appears to be waste of time appointments half the time.
I hope they’re swabbing the wound to check what kind of infection is in there.
It must be so horrible with a bad smell like that coming from it. I’m really sorry that they’re not doing more for you Gordon. I still think they don’t know what to do with it.
You might just as well be better dressing it yourself if only to keep the odour down.
It really is about time that you lost your cool. I agree with Mary that I’m surprised it’s taken this long. You have been a really patient patient.
I couldn’t have zipped it for as long as you have. Well, I would have lost it after the first surgery went ti*s up. My tolerance level is set at zero. Probably not my most redeeming feature.
Hope this week sheds some more light on it and they frigging well do something properly. I’d be inclined to remind them of their sending you home with the wrong prescription otherwise... a little friendly blackmail might do the trick. Yes, it’s our beloved NHS but when something like this is happening, you have to play the cards you have, even if it’s not a nice thing to do.
Let us know how things go this week. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #435
Gordon
Adult

Well I'm in a hospital bed waiting on operation number four
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #436
Suze65
Adult

Good luck , hope they sort it out.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #437
tortydat
Sub Adult

Well I hope that this time you are sorted out once and for all as this is now an absolute disgrace how you've been treated. Everything crossed once again which at my age I can't keep doing as I might get stuck like it! xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #438
emma_mcraf
Adult

Ruddy hell, G! I thought third time lucky would do it.
You must be beyond peed off. The consultant should be on his knees apologising for all this.
Good luck with the op and hope you’re left infection-free and home to recuperate with no sepsis, no temperature, no sickness and no smell!
I’m in utter disgust that it’s almost a whole year since you were taken ill and we moaned about the length of time for the initial op, assuming it would be just that one and job done. This whole farce of a year has been horrendous for you.
Keep up the arsey attitude if you have to. Their scans and so on have proved Jack S, so keep on moaning if you have to.

Let us know when you’re out the other side and I really hope your Christmas present this year is a fully healed wound and no more problems. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #439
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well I'm in a hospital bed waiting on operation number four
Sheesh! This is it, Gordon! This will be the winner, winner chicken dinner!!! We're all rooting for you. With so many of us sending good vibes your way, this has got to be the good one!
Old 02-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #440
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Ruddy hell, G! I thought third time lucky would do it.
You must be beyond peed off. The consultant should be on his knees apologising for all this.
Good luck with the op and hope you’re left infection-free and home to recuperate with no sepsis, no temperature, no sickness and no smell!
I’m in utter disgust that it’s almost a whole year since you were taken ill and we moaned about the length of time for the initial op, assuming it would be just that one and job done. This whole farce of a year has been horrendous for you.
Keep up the arsey attitude if you have to. Their scans and so on have proved Jack S, so keep on moaning if you have to.

Let us know when you’re out the other side and I really hope your Christmas present this year is a fully healed wound and no more problems. x
What she said

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote