Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #381
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Need some help with a crossword.
One across-somewhere you go when ill.
Two down -a very bad infection you might of had before.
I know. . . I know. . . (Yvonne jumps up and down with her hand in the air) . . . pick me!

The answer is - GORDON!!!!!

Last edited by Yvonne G; 09-11-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Yvonne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:17 AM   #382
Gordon
Adult

3.15 am and just managed to pull out my cannula somehow so blood everywhere and now have one back in which took three attempts as my veins seem to hide now when they see a needle coming.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #383
tortydat
Sub Adult

Oh no Gordon that's awful news I do hope you're not going to be there for too long. Sorry I'm out today but will catch up with you tomorrow. I hope you soon feel better. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #384
Suze65
Adult

Nooooooooooooo how can this be ? Do they actually know why they can’t get rid all your infections ? Have they any clue ?

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #385
CherryBrandy
Adult

flipping henry you will be giving your mankini away to charity soon. try stay positive and think of being at home free of pain, neuro linguistics.

I think Yvonne is the chosen one...go on give it a go with one across two down !

CB
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #386
CherryBrandy
Adult

just saying
Old 08-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #387
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post

just saying
MY EYES!!! MY EYES! I'll never get the image of all those mankinis out of my head. It's imprinted on the backs of my eyeballs!
Old 09-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #388
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
MY EYES!!! MY EYES! I'll never get the image of all those mankinis out of my head. It's imprinted on the backs of my eyeballs!
I reckon I could get my infected lump in them.

Last edited by Gordon; 07-12-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #389
Gordon
Adult

Well I'm home again and who the heck gets sepsis three times.
This time it affected me in a different way I wasn't sick and didn't get uncontrollable shivers but every joint in my body hurt to the point of not being able to move much for the first 24 hours.
Right the plan is Monday I will get the results from the MRI scan I had Friday and see if that shows up what infection is in there as the CT scan said nothing was there.
Then on Friday I will be going to see the the consultant who I already had appointment with and make a plan as to where we go from there.

As for the ct scan the chap who did it looked at it and sent it through the system and apparently there were no pockets of infection to be seen so the nurse came and told me the good news which most people would be happy with but how can you have a huge lump growing and they cant see it on the scan. Anyway with that news I thought I would have five minutes as sleep is a precious commodity in hospital so turned onto my side and settled down when I felt something move which I assumed was my dressing coming unstuck as doc had pulled it off earlier.
So five minutes later I could feel something wet running down my side so took a look and yep it was leaking puss out big time so called the nurse and she was well shocked and then we both laughed as she said the radiographer needs to go to speck savers as that must be coming from a big pocket. After me holding the sheet over it she cleaned me up and re dressed it and changed my bedding and went in search for a doctor who came and decided there was something there so arranged the mri.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #390
emma_mcraf
Adult

Glad you’re home!
Let’s hope the MRI has shown something so they can sort an effective treatment plan.
The saga continues then, but maybe come Friday there’ll be some sort of conclusion in sight.

Have you read ‘This is Going to Hurt’ by Adam Kay? It’s a funny book but doesn’t paint the NHS in a great light, let alone a lot of doctors who seem to be winging it a lot of the time!
Literally, there are registrars starting a new rotation having been promoted, who’d never even done particular procedures. Mainly based on Obs and Gynae, if I’d read that before having my four babies, I’d have perhaps questioned the registrars more!! We assume they know ‘it all’ but they bloody don’t!
I think you’re a complex case and they just don’t have the answers a lot of the time.
Well, really glad you’ve beaten the sepsis again. Hope you can rest up now and feel better very soon.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote