Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 21-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
yuna1971
Adult

Echoing what others have said, Bolly. I don't think an underbed enclosure would be the best option. And I definitely wouldn't use a combined/uv bulb in such a confined space. In fact with any heat bulb, it would pose a fire risk. You must have the space to adequately house the tortoise - indoors and out.
If not, I'm sorry but it may not be the right time to be an owner. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025

Last edited by yuna1971; 21-05-2011 at 03:54 PM.
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
Gem
Incubating

I agree with the above comments, tortoise are outdoor animals and should only be kept indoors on days when it is just too bad to be outdoors. I can't think of even one species of tort were keeping it under a bed in a table would be an acceptable environemt and not a fire hazrad either. Sorry (
Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
mrscross78
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem View Post
I agree with the above comments, tortoise are outdoor animals and should only be kept indoors on days when it is just too bad to be outdoors. I can't think of even one species of tort were keeping it under a bed in a table would be an acceptable environemt and not a fire hazrad either. Sorry (
To be fair ALL animals are outdoor animals... For example: The only reason a budgie lives indoors in a tiny cage (and not flying free) is because people put it there.
I totally agree that keeping a tortoise in a tiny cage under a bed is unfair and NOT a nice environment for any living animal, also on nice warm days they should be outdoors in a large run.

Testudo Hermanni Hermanni Victor & George
Amelia

Last edited by mrscross78; 22-05-2011 at 01:43 PM.
mrscross78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
kkenny
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscross78 View Post
To be fair ALL animals are outdoor animals... For example: The only reason a budgie lives indoors in a tiny cage (and not flying free) is because people put it there.
I totally agree that keeping a tortoise in a tiny cage under a bed is unfair and NOT a nice environment for any living animal, also on nice warm days they should be outdoors in a large run.
Total agree as above.

I think some animals adapt better that others inside i.e Budgies but not torts really.

Spartacus, THB, March 2013
Henry, THB, July 2008
kkenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, enclosure, food, wheretokeepit