Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 28-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
Alan, would this be suitable for me to set up in the greenhouse pointing at the laying area? I want something so that I can see what is going on without having to disturb the torts, do you need anything else, such as leads/wires? or is this the whole thing?
This is the whole thing Alison. I don't see why it wouldn't work, it has a 100 metre range. If you get interference from other wireless items then there are 4 wireless channels to choose from (similar to a wireless doorbell) but mine is working fine from just the default setting. Sometimes when I get a text on my phone the TV picture flickers a bit but that's all. The camera plugs into the electric and the receiver does too.

It's made by Friedland, the firm who make doorbells and is a much better quality item than my last one

Last edited by Alan1; 28-06-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

it can also be used outdoors
Old 29-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
My last one from Ebay lasted about 5 years so got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Friedland-Re...=wireless+cctv from Amazon and it's a good replacement, better than my old one too
I might consider getting this, I can't be doing with any wiring, so a wireless one will do, and cheap, I thought CCTV would be more expensive, if I buy it can i ask you questions on how you set it up please if you don't mind x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

yes I will, but it's as easy as putting your tv on AV and switching on the camera and receiver

I will be going into hospital soon for heart surgery so either before that or a good while after that I will be back on here again, hopefully.

BTW, it doesn't record or anything unless you have a recorder to plug it into, it just displays what's happening at the camera area on your tv

Last edited by Alan1; 29-06-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #15
Catwoman63
Adult

Thanks Alan, blimey heart surgery are you ok that's quite a serious operation hope all goes well, see you back on here when you've made a full recovery. I pob won't be able to purchase it until 3 weeks time anyway x

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Old 30-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Thanks Alan, blimey heart surgery are you ok that's quite a serious operation hope all goes well, see you back on here when you've made a full recovery. I pob won't be able to purchase it until 3 weeks time anyway x
Yes, triple heart bypass and could be as soon as 10 days time but there's complications regarding the tablets I'm taking so it might be put back, they will decide on wednesday. It's Azathioprine and have to be off them for the op but it takes about 3 months until they are out your system so don't know what they will decide to do. After the op it might be a while before I'm back on here, 3 months to full recovery, no driving for 10 weeks and can't go taking photos for 10 weeks either, sickener
Old 30-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
Yes, triple heart bypass and could be as soon as 10 days time but there's complications regarding the tablets I'm taking so it might be put back, they will decide on wednesday. It's Azathioprine and have to be off them for the op but it takes about 3 months until they are out your system so don't know what they will decide to do. After the op it might be a while before I'm back on here, 3 months to full recovery, no driving for 10 weeks and can't go taking photos for 10 weeks either, sickener
Are you planning on working your way through some DVD boxed sets once you're home Alan?
It'll feel strange not having you on the forum.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I don't know Emma, it might be that I can do stuff quicker than they say but because of the fact that I only have one arm to begin with it will restrict what I can do and make recovery longer. Any lifting is supposed to be done with two hands for example, it's so the two halves of the breast bone doesn't move up and down individually and prevent it from healing together. Same with the driving, someone with 2 arms could possibly be driving in 4-6 weeks but they have given me 10 weeks. I may be able to come on here after a couple or three weeks maybe, will see how it goes. I can always get someone to set up my tripod for me and do some macro water drop photography to get by with. I don't really watch much TV or films
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
Catwoman63
Adult

Hope all goes well Alan, it is a serious operation, you will need to really rest but you know that already xxx

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

We'll all look forward to seeing you back on here, knowing it's all done and you're well on the road to recovery.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote