Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 29-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Very nice and a bit posh.... I have a similar thing in my greenhouse but not as posh and my lot are always in it even on the hottest of days as I think it might keep cooler when really hot.
Maybe when the sun comes back out i will test this out.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 09:50 AM   #12
richardb
Incubating

Thanks Gordon. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to things like this. I’ve built a few hen houses over the years and I remember on our first one measuring the position of the screws on the ship lap cladding so they were all in the same place! I’m not quite that bad now ��
richardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardb View Post
Thanks Gordon. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to things like this. I’ve built a few hen houses over the years and I remember on our first one measuring the position of the screws on the ship lap cladding so they were all in the same place! I’m not quite that bad now ��

I used to have a chap work for me who really had ocd bad and it drove me nuts especially when we were dry stone walling he would pass me stones and then take it back as it wasn't quite the same as the one next to it and no matter how many times I said it didn't matter he would still do it. He did have lots of odd things he would do but that one drove me nuts.
Old 29-04-2020, 10:53 AM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

My hubby is just the same when building anything. It is all made exactly so, but he enjoys it and it doesn’t bother me as I’m the same indoors. Everything in its place and all that. Uncluttered life, uncluttered mind.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #15
richardb
Incubating

My wife used to say “ it’s just a hen house, they won’t know if the screws don’t line up”

One good thing about this lock down is that it’s got me to use up all the bits and pieces I have saved instead of going to buy new. I’m just building a turtle pond with some concrete blocks I have left, I would of been out and bought bricks if we hadn’t been in lock down. So it would cost more money and I’d be left with a load of concrete blocks!
richardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
Gordon
Adult

Well having not worked now for over a year my supplies have totally run dry. Normally I have masses of timber of a shapes and sizes so all my '' odd little jobs '' are being put together with recycled bits of wood and my screw supply is zero aswell so having to reuse screws which I never do. This has certainly made me more careful with materials. If this goes on much longer I will have to open my wallet where ever it is and buy stuff which is something I never do.
Old 29-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well having not worked now for over a year my supplies have totally run dry. Normally I have masses of timber of a shapes and sizes so all my '' odd little jobs '' are being put together with recycled bits of wood and my screw supply is zero aswell so having to reuse screws which I never do. This has certainly made me more careful with materials. If this goes on much longer I will have to open my wallet where ever it is and buy stuff which is something I never do.
And all the moths will fly out your wallet.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 29-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #18
Gordon
Adult

They left home ages ago.
Old 29-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
They left home ages ago.

Old 30-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #20
jimothy
Egg

How many do you have in there?
jimothy is offline   Reply With Quote