Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
I think the conundrum is we don't know what Christmas may look like in the future. who is to say that the wookie furry thing isn't our present day reindeer...
I really think you need to ease off the eggnog a bit clair.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
Suze65
Adult

Christmas Eve in my family has always been a big event, when I was young at home, we had a big dinner party with all the neighbours, then when we all got married and left home it was a big dinner party at mum and dads with all our partners and in laws or my mum in law often did a big dinner party for all my family. And now when it's at my home I usually have my husbands family here for a lovely supper , stockings and silly games, and if we are up at my mums for Christmas , it's a big family gathering ( which is growing every year ) so always a fun packed evening .

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #13
CherryBrandy
Adult

ooooh forgot it was called Eggnog. probably because I need to ease off then Gordon ! love that name !

sounds good Suze....I did play match stick piling up one year with my parents ...real matchsticks piled up...til they all fell.

do you think it stems from childhood? anticipation of it all on the eve. My brother and I stayed up to watch boris Karloff movies...ok we sneaked down stairs and turned the TV back on...cb
Old 16-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #14
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I don't actually do owt these days, it was different when the children were young but they are in their 30's now and don't live here. I don't mind at all because I can't be bothered with any of it
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
Pussygalore
Adult

glad I'm not the only one Alan
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #16
Gordon
Adult

I must admit I feel the same but as my girls are still at home for a while yet I feel I have to I would be quite happy with a token bit of tinsel somewhere and a bottle of wine.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I must admit I feel the same but as my girls are still at home for a while yet I feel I have to I would be quite happy with a token bit of tinsel somewhere and a bottle of wine.
Oh Gordon talk about bah humbug come on , try and get the Christmas spirit ( not in a bottle )

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #18
emma_mcraf
Adult

Bah humbug indeed! I've had enough of that over the years with my parents who fail to have any Christmas spirit at all. I'm not inflicting that on my kids anymore so we're having a fun-filled family Christmas - just the 6 of us. It'll be the best yet!
Seeing how my parents have dampened the Christmas spirit for as long as I can remember I'm determined that even when the kids have moved out I'll still decorate and play the carols and stay in the festive spirit, particularly so when grandchildren come along. I won't be a miserable old nanna! Some family mistakes will NOT be repeated.
Anyway.....8 days and counting!!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

I love it , don't have kids, never planned to have kids, don't plan to have kids in future and don't miss kids at Christmas time.....I put up a stick tree and play dancing penguin Christmas songs down the phone into voicemail......such absolute fun !!!

omg Emma your parents must have gone to the same Christmas Club ! sausage sandwiches on Christmas day ! and a bicycle repair kit. Not sure I had a bike !!

To top it all my brother got a packet of polo mints for his main pressie...how funny is that! can't look at polo mints without a bit of a smile. CB
Old 16-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

CB, you're such a tonic! I got given a plain bar of white soap once and my hubby's favourite was when my mother gave me the complimentary slippers and robe from one of their holidays!!! I said nothing fitted and what shop should I return it to. Mother's face was a picture!!!

Kids do bring the magic into Christmas but three of mine are teens so we're beyond the Father Christmas stuff. It's still a time to have fun, have lots of food and savour the festive spirit.

I am determined never to reach the point when I can't be bothered. Even my 97 and 95 year old neighbours, both widowed, are the first to put a card through the door each year and love the season. I am inspired to always be merry and bright like them each December I'm here for!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote