Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 12-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #61
Pussygalore
Adult

mine wouldn't eat it dry by itself but mixed in with wet leaves or soaked first then put with greenery they were fine and as I only fed it to add fiber to their diet not as a meal in itself there was never a problem. As I said grinding/chopping it fine made it so they couldn't not eat it if mixed with their normal food, I'd have never got through a sack though as a kilo would last me ages.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #62
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Lynn I noticed that the products on the Red-rufus site appear to be aimed at horses and I couldn't see any reference to tortoises. The Wisencobs look like the Testudo Herb product and could easily be the exact same product but the page I looked at was specifically for horse feeding.

And I couldn't see anything on those pages about Pre Alpin Baby.

One thing I don't much like about Pre Alpin is the way the products and names have been changed at times causing confusion. 'Herb' used to be quite unlike 'Testudo' but then they started to sell a product called Testudo Herb. Equally they sell a product called 'Fibre' but I'm not convinced there is any more fibre in it than there is with Testudo Herb which is any case a high fibre food. Why would we want a product that is even more fibrous?

It doesn't seem possible to get any information about what makes 'Baby' a different food apart from it being ground down into a finer product. That is not the only difference and I'd like to know what else is different about it, but have not been able to .

Last edited by Ozric Jonathan; 12-12-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Ozric Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote