Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

the cereal does me all day until tea time now, I don't eat at lunch time. I have to watch what I'm eating as I have crohns, can't eat just anything or at any time really. since not eating the crisps I am 4 pounds lighter, not a lot over 3 or 4 weeks but a pound a week for a year would do fine

I guy I know who stopped chocolate and cheese and nothing else lost a lot of weight so I thought I'd cut out crisps. I don't eat cakes but I have a chocolate bar sometimes, might cut that out too
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Pussygalore
Adult

personally I wouldn't worry to much about the calories, if whatever cereal you like fills you up, stops you eating crisps and you can go a few hours without eating then they've got to be better. I have a glass of juice and a glass of Slimfast (well Tesco's equivalent its cheaper) and that will stop me feeling hungry for 3-4 hours, it also has extra vits/mins. It works for me and I feel like I'm getting something out of what I eat rather than a peice of toast etc, you get 12 meals out of a carton and I like the taste and its quick and easy. If I'm really good I can have another for lunch and a cupper somewhere along the way with a couple of rich tea biscuits or an apple then have a dinner in the evening. I'm a diabetic so we walk past the cakes and naughty's, or try, and Slimfast or its equivalent isn't considered a bad option for me, the tesco's one seems to be better as it doesn't have so much sugar but both are about 250c per serving. I do find it hard to loose weight as the blooming pills I have to take make you gain rather than loose but at least I'm trying. I'm always told that you should have something at least every 4 hours so going without all day doesn't sound very healthy, I feel really queer if I go more than that, mind you I'm 'queer' already.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
pagan queen
Adult

Eat soup. A nice tomatoe from sainsburys in the fresh ready made pots is delicious. I can't eat much fat as I am waiting a gallbladder op so I have been eating snack a jacks which are rice, instead of crisps. But soup is great for keeping you full up. Something to do with the liquid and solids taking longer to digest than just solid food.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband

Last edited by pagan queen; 16-05-2011 at 03:35 PM.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
Pussygalore
Adult

I read the latest craze is to have 10 jars of baby food or one every hour, I quite like apricot rice, when I used to feed the children it was 'one for you, one for me' . I remember weaning a baby squirrel on the rice or vegie ones and it used to dive head first into the dish and get covered with the food, but my it liked it but not the bath needed afterwards.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
yuna1971
Adult

Al,
You could have a look at this website, got lists of foods and all their nutritional info.

Not sure where you got your info from about Weetabix. Anyways....
This site is pretty good - and you got your 'sinned' food in there too.

http://caloriecount.about.com/

You might find foods lower in cals but might have high carbs/sugar. And not much in terms of fibre. Even juices hold alot of sugar.
Its the sugar thing that can lead to tiredness and the feeling of not feeling full up. If its losing weight your after, then low carb, low sugar, low fat - high fibre foods your after
A slow release (low GI) food is what to go for.

Belvita biscuits also good but they are pretty high in sugar. But I used to eat them...and found they really did keep me full, apparently advertised as slow release food. True to their word I guess there. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
yuna1971
Adult

...um, it actually might be a US site, so like ....hmmm. .
Maybe there is an UK equivilent...?

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
...um, it actually might be a US site, so like ....hmmm. .
Maybe there is an UK equivilent...?
Do they bother with calories in the US

I've seen programmes on some of those sky channels where they just eat lots then get huge then get an operation to get rid of the bits
Old 16-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Eat soup. A nice tomatoes from sainsburys in the fresh ready made pots is delicious. I can't eat much fat as I am waiting a gallbladder op so I have been eating snack a jacks which are rice, instead of crisps. But soup is great for keeping you full up. Something to do with the liquid and solids taking longer to digest than just solid food.
I woman I know who went to a slimming thing this year told me that they were told to drink lots of water so there must be something to it. water isn't all the tasty though
Old 16-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
Star1
Egg

I am on a diet now and have weetabix for breakfast, using half skimmed milk and half water rather than all milk.
Star1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I meant to say, I think the calories that it gives for the 30g includes semi skimmed milk. I hate milk but can just about manage the tinned stuff, the light evaporated stuff not the full on stuff. I used to love nestles condensed milk though, it was like liquid milky bars