Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 03-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #31
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Nick and Lizzie,
Victor is going to need straight Nutrobol on his food while he's growing. That will help with his soft shell and future growth. You can use the limestone flour for back up if you run out. I'm glad he's got a clean bill of health from the vets. Just keep asking questions if you have them and you'll do great

Danny
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #32
Treacle
Egg

Quote:
Hi Nick and Lizzie,
Victor is going to need straight Nutrobol on his food while he's growing. That will help with his soft shell and future growth. You can use the limestone flour for back up if you run out. I'm glad he's got a clean bill of health from the vets. Just keep asking questions if you have them and you'll do great

Danny
We've been using a mix we bought off ebay:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay advert
1. CALCIUM AND VITAMIN MIX 100 GRAMS
This is the perfect formula, safe to use on every single meal. it has both nutrobal and calcium included so it has everything your tortoise needs in the safest ratio.
Does that sound OK for the time being? We'll get dome neat Nutrobal next week.

Nick
Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
aprillinda

yes nick the mix will be fine until you get your nutrobal
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #34
wizzasmum

The Tortosie Trust have recently put up a post advising people not to buy these small mixes of nutrobal and limestone from ebay as there is no control over the sell by date, batch numbers etc and that it shuoud not be mixed in any case as there is virtually no chance of overdose of nutrobal, as some have been stating. Hope this helps
Old 04-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #35
aprillinda

sue i agree but treacle is only using the mix for 1 week until his nutrobal arrives
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #36
tamsintd
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to tamsintd

Glad the vet says he's ok!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #37
Treacle
Egg

Thanks for the info on suppliments, etc.

Our vet also mentioned Arkvits - it this one any good?

Treacle x
Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #38
wizzasmum

Arkvits is a blend of nutrobal and ace high. Both are made by Vetark. Nutrobal alone is best for hatchlings. Never mix it with other supplements as this interferes with the way it works. Some people sell it this way on ebay but it is not a recommended way of feeding. Hope this helps
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #39
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzasmum
The Tortosie Trust have recently put up a post advising people not to buy these small mixes of nutrobal and limestone from ebay as there is no control over the sell by date, batch numbers etc and that it shuoud not be mixed in any case as there is virtually no chance of overdose of nutrobal, as some have been stating. Hope this helps
Can i add that all vitamins and limestone flour brought from the shelled warriors shop has a sell by date and batch number clearly written on it. I have now stopped selling the vitamin and calcium mix (need to delete it off the shop attached on her, button doesnt work anyway) due to the advice of Andy Highfield. So please be assured that everything from the Shelled Warriors Shop is 100% perfect.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #40
wizzasmum

Sorry Sarah, I was forgetting you did this. Of course I was referring to other ebay sales, some of which are a bit dodgy to say the least