Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #101
Pussygalore
Adult

I don't fully understand the technical side of pathogens etc but I can compare it say to the varying tribes of remote countries where each different one has imunity to its own diseases but has never come accross diseases that other tribes may have so hence when they meet something that wouldn't harm one of the tribes could be potentially fatal to the other, someone please tell me if I'm on the right track, if I am that same theory would apply to any creature that comes either from isolated areas or lives alone and rarely meets others, I know animals travel but if they lived on an island they would never come across diseases from anything other than those on their island, am I right in thinking that the majority of torts don't live in groups and that there may only be one type in one area again I would think that the amount of food available would play a big part in what could live there if that is so then logic says they would have no imunity against anything other than their own diseases, if I'm on the right track would that apply to captive bred torts as well or just wild ones, I'm only a dumb blond but am I any where near.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #102
Becks
Adult

lalalalalalalalalalala Sorry im still singing from my own hymn book

horsfields ,redfoots ,southern and northan morrocans,
map turtle .

http://www.redfoottortoiseplace.piczo.com
Old 11-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #103
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Right ive had enough. This thread is way to long. Everyone has had there say.

No more post after this please. If you wish to discuss it futher please pm me.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #104
Pussygalore
Adult

sorry for speaking then ! but I was actually trying to understand something or at least put it into terms that make sense to me I was expecting a constructive answer
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #105
nina
Adult

I was enjoying the discussion, and there weren't personal insults flying around (nearly were, but not quite). Surely people don't have to read the thread if they don't like it. Anyway, I accept that the thread is closed, but I'm not sure why length is such a bad thing <g>.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #106
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Please pm each other if you want to carry it on.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #107
EJ
Adult

deleted by Sarah please read above posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
I don't fully understand the technical side of pathogens etc but I can compare it say to the varying tribes of remote countries where each different one has imunity to its own diseases but has never come accross diseases that other tribes may have so hence when they meet something that wouldn't harm one of the tribes could be potentially fatal to the other, someone please tell me if I'm on the right track, if I am that same theory would apply to any creature that comes either from isolated areas or lives alone and rarely meets others, I know animals travel but if they lived on an island they would never come across diseases from anything other than those on their island, am I right in thinking that the majority of torts don't live in groups and that there may only be one type in one area again I would think that the amount of food available would play a big part in what could live there if that is so then logic says they would have no imunity against anything other than their own diseases, if I'm on the right track would that apply to captive bred torts as well or just wild ones, I'm only a dumb blond but am I any where near.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Closed Thread