Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 31-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior
Default 2 headed python

thought i would share some pictures with you of my mocca . she is a calabaria burrowing python. she is actually a boa but often called a python because she is one of 3 boas that lay eggs. (i own 2 of the 3 types). these are very rare snakes....i only know of two keepers of these....although i know there will be more. these have only ever been bred 3 times in captivity, but that is extremely rare for them to breed . all are WC or captive farmed. mocca is 6 years old and will live for about 45 years.
i have had her from 2 months old. she was in a shop for £700. 1. i did not have enough money for her, and 2. i don't buy wc animals. any way my dad had a friend that had a 23 year old reticulated python that had sonce pretty much a egg and was very attached to her, but she had stoped feeding for nearly 2 years. (this was before i new the great vet hannah) so we tried ages to get her to feed, 23 ft ani;t the best thign to force feed. she used to eat but went off feeding, after scenting her dead turkeys with over 14 different scent, i managed to get her feeding by cutting open a trout over the food and she started to eat again.

the guy was so pleased that this companion was well again and not going to die that he went and brought me mocca from the shop. the most expensive pressie i ahve ever had....although i was pleased but also abit bad as she was brought as a wc animal. anyway she is feeds well and is great. she has been brumating for the last 2 months and finshed it last week, she had her first feed from coming out last night.

not sure if you can see her eyes on this pic....there called 2 headed pythons because they move there tail in the same way to the head and it will often fool predators (even me).

sorry for the mug shot, but i ahve been kicked off 3 reptile forums as they did not beieve that i owned a calabar boa,,,,,,,and most said i got the pictures off google. one admin said i could only stay on the forum if i sold him the boa...so i left the forum. so just to prove i have her.

thanks for reading...... await comments
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
sarah
Administrator
Adult

How interesting. What a weird snake.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
LilyLoo
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to LilyLoo Send a message via Yahoo to LilyLoo

Lovely snake, I'm sure you won't get kicked off this forum! we believe you!
Old 31-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
Toni115
Adult

we believe you christian!!
it is a very odd looking snake isnt it!!! On the first few pictures i couldnt work out where its head was!! then i read your explanation and felt a bit stupid
Old 31-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

thanks sarah,lily and toni. she is a very strange looking snake but i find that cool . i surpose it's like the othe rpost in the section about a different world of tortoise keeping. this is similar for all reptiles i surpose. will try get one of her eatting if people want......she has manners when eats, she eats from a bowl and will only eat once a week and eats 5 rat pups at a sitting.(the bowl is like a mamal burrow in the wild) very different in eatting compared to other snakes.
Old 31-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLoo
Lovely snake, I'm sure you won't get kicked off this forum! we believe you!
He might lol

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Lloyd
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Lloyd

woohoo calabar poo python nice one mate ( dont they look like a turd when coiled lol)
There was one in jap koi for over a year they only wanted 90 quid for it didnt interest me though.
Lloyd

Lloyd
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
alicia
Adult

thats so great!! bloomin expensive isnt it!!
she looks lovely tho an i love the name. hahaha nice pic at the end

alice.
x

0.0.2 graeca ibera
alicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

sarah - thats hurtful.

lloyd-cheers, yea they do look like that but i did not mention it as i wanted to look mature lol. never ever seen them that cheap, altho i know most that are sold cheap are full of mites and parasite, plus this guys don't live long if they don't feed on there own. most have to me force fed. and these guys are like the king of snakes from dying of stress.

alice...thank you, a nice comment. i like the other animal int he picture...such a stud .
Old 31-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
Lloyd
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Lloyd

very true mate its rare as hell to get one that will feed on itstod mainly as there all wc cack.
Lloyd

Lloyd
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote