Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 17-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Thanks all.

My GP recommended supplements and I have the Simply Supplements book. Looking to order the Glucosamine and Chondroitin ones, fairly high 75mg/600mg. A lot of the ones available seem to be much lower doses.

I have also been given some rosehip tables to take that a friend of a friend swears by. I am on non steroids tablets at the moment but it is not recommended to stay on the indefinitely.

It started with a couple of raised finger joints and was confirmed as arthritis and old age! After Christmas I noticed both feet were hurting especially underneath my big toes and my knees were making it very difficult to go upstairs. X rays confirmed I will need knee operations at some stage. The main concern is the fact it is also in my left arm - below the elbow. This was not x rayed as it had only just started.

It is the speed it has come on and in so many places. Night time is bad as I lay with one knee against the other, which hurts and do my ankles when touching.

Work is on hold at the moment.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
WriterNick
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to WriterNick

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 4 years ago now, and I was terrified because I read all these horror stories about people needing multiple joint replacements and becoming disabled and housebound.
I have had occasional spells where it has been excruciating, but these only last for a day or two and then go and the rest of the time I'm not affected at all so far. I haven't had any attack or pain in over a year now so hopefully the disease isn't progressing and I can live a normal life for many years to come.
I think the main think, whatever kind of illness or disease a person has - or even if you have none, is just to enjoy every day while you can and try to spread a bit of happiness.
WriterNick is offline   Reply With Quote