Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
opps missed it M, glad it went well and sorry to hear about your foot again , it must be getting you down at times ! Hope some one is making you lots of tea and tlc, CB
Thanks, foot has been a right saga!! Due for an op on Tuesday (7th Feb) to have some screws from a bunion op 3 years ago removed as it seems to be the problem! (being done privately thanks to my work providing everyone private health insurance or it would have taken a year just to be seen by a consultant as waiting lists are long here - shame as NHS is just so underfunded!!!)
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #12
Jan W
Sub Adult

Best wishes for tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #13
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
Best wishes for tomorrow.
Thanks, I am looking forward to it!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

Good luck for your op, Merlin. I had surgery last year and I know how tricky it is not being able to weight-bear so wishing you a speedy recovery and then plenty of long walks with Rocco.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #15
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Good luck for your op, Merlin. I had surgery last year and I know how tricky it is not being able to weight-bear so wishing you a speedy recovery and then plenty of long walks with Rocco.
Thanks! Yes it is the most frustrating thing in the world, rest of me is fine but I can't go to work or walk Rocco but mostly is its needing Russ to do everything that's hard!

Surgeon says a couple of days recover is all, but I expect it will take a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down to want to go on propped walks, but at least I will be able to do things myself as walking won't be doing more damage so yay back to work!!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin M View Post
Thanks! Yes it is the most frustrating thing in the world, rest of me is fine but I can't go to work or walk Rocco but mostly is its needing Russ to do everything that's hard!

Surgeon says a couple of days recover is all, but I expect it will take a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down to want to go on propped walks, but at least I will be able to do things myself as walking won't be doing more damage so yay back to work!!
I discovered I had an allergy to Elastoplast after mine, which led to a severe reaction, out of hours hospital trips and a longer recovery time than I'd imagined. It is so hard having to rely on others to do so much for you, I agree.
But wishing you had a straightforward procedure and a super-quick recovery for you, Merlin. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 07-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #17
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I discovered I had an allergy to Elastoplast after mine, which led to a severe reaction, out of hours hospital trips and a longer recovery time than I'd imagined. It is so hard having to rely on others to do so much for you, I agree.
But wishing you had a straightforward procedure and a super-quick recovery for you, Merlin. x
Thanks! Home now, not too sore and being looked after (by a surprisingly gentle Rocco)

That sounds like a bad reaction! I have had slight reactions to plasters before but nothing bad! After a tattoo I did discover i am allergic to bepanthon...
Old 07-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #18
Jan W
Sub Adult

So pleased went well. Surgery related to bunions can be so painful. Glad Rocco is looking after you? What about that husband?

Anyway, not too many treats as with little exercises you will regret it. My husband got through tins od celebrations and didn't have time to write the Christmas cards as he sat in front of the TV! He is usually very active but incapacitation had a strange effect on him.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #19
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
So pleased went well. Surgery related to bunions can be so painful. Glad Rocco is looking after you? What about that husband?

Anyway, not too many treats as with little exercises you will regret it. My husband got through tins od celebrations and didn't have time to write the Christmas cards as he sat in front of the TV! He is usually very active but incapacitation had a strange effect on him.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Husband was still at work, but is home now and looking after me and Rocco
Old 07-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

So pleased it all went well, Merlin. Hope it all feels better soon. x