Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #11
CherryBrandy
Adult

He is like something out of one of those comedies. I think politics would be boring without him ...if he has a place in politics !
Apparently in America you cant be a politician unless you've have a scandal or two and bounced back ! totally opposite over here. CB
Old 17-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I wouldn't trust any politicians no matter who they are
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #13
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
He is like something out of one of those comedies. I think politics would be boring without him ...if he has a place in politics !
Apparently in America you cant be a politician unless you've have a scandal or two and bounced back ! totally opposite over here. CB
Or lots of money ! A friend of mine has just spent two years in the U.S. . And says it's all about money, you could be the best candidate for the job , but if you don't have lots of dosh you won't become president . She said America is fast becoming a third world country. What have they done !

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

yes I saw that on TV the other day - there are more areas in America that need to help the poor than the poor areas in the world !

Politics does make a good drama though. I have the box set of west wing Ive been told to view since 2014 ! I will one day...meanwhile the truth is more dramatic ! CB
Old 28-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #15
Stellanne
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
We've got Boris the Bonk.

So named because he's bonkers and because he's partial to bonking above and beyond the call of duty!
I find Boris fascinating!! The guy is so amusing and trying to guess what may come out of his mouth next should have a betting site all of his own.
Scared that he is related to our royal family.... and Swedish and Dutch royal families. From memory of his 'who do you think you are' adventures I think he had Russian links too.....
I love the guy, but not sure I would like him to have any sort of unsupervised power x X X hugs x X x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

he is apparently really intelligent and trained in the classics, not that's a good sign for a politician. He does make me laugh though. Golem wasn't it...or Harry Potter character.... I think if I was an American I would be asking for my money back. which one will it be !!! oooh its hotting up - surely they will ask Obama to stay on for a bit. CB
Old 30-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #17
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
he is apparently really intelligent and trained in the classics, not that's a good sign for a politician. He does make me laugh though. Golem wasn't it...or Harry Potter character.... I think if I was an American I would be asking for my money back. which one will it be !!! oooh its hotting up - surely they will ask Obama to stay on for a bit. CB
Yes - I also thought they should ask Obama to stay on!

My American friend is horrified at how the election is being conducted. She is definitely a Clinton supporter.

I'm very impressed with Rachel Johnson. (Sister of Boris)
Old 31-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #18
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
I find Boris fascinating!! The guy is so amusing and trying to guess what may come out of his mouth next should have a betting site all of his own.
Scared that he is related to our royal family.... and Swedish and Dutch royal families. From memory of his 'who do you think you are' adventures I think he had Russian links too.....
I love the guy, but not sure I would like him to have any sort of unsupervised power x X X hugs x X x
I like Boris too, and I think he says a lot of sensible stuff actually, just may be not in a sensible way. I think he's a very clever man.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

Are we there yet? 6000 emails !?! that's nothing compared to Boris fan club ! CB
Old 04-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #20
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Are we there yet? 6000 emails !?! that's nothing compared to Boris fan club ! CB
Thankfully only a few days to go now ! On a different subject, but still about the USA , I watched a program last night called the Gun Shop, well it was staggering really. I just don't understand their attitude, it seems the more they have mass shootings the more they are pouring into gun shops to buy guns to defend themselves. What a crazy way to live. And parents are teaching young children to shoot to kill. Worlds gone mad.