Old 20-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Mrs Frog
Adult

http://www.joinunison.org/?gclid=COC...FTMRtAodtjIADg
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Merlin M
Adult

I am not a member of the union (my work recognises Prospect as the union for staff).

After the meeting on Monday another disciplinary is a course of action (although there are others...) as I am not improving enough (after 2 weeks) which would result in me getting sacked...
Thankfully the man from HR (employee relations or something) is on holiday right now so nothing can happen till he is back... nice to have the constant threat that you will not have a job...
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #13
Mrs Frog
Adult

what are your other colleagues like? Is it a large company?
Old 21-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Merlin M
Adult

It is a small part of a large company if that makes sense...
Um I always thought they were nice...
Old 21-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Mrs Frog
Adult

I really hope that things get better for you,its so sad that we have to work with people who are so unkind,my sister has had similar problems with an office full of women,hugs to you
Old 21-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
kazzabb
Hatched

Hi Merlin,
Did you have a different boss before the one you have now? Have you had any performance reviews in the past with a different boss? And were these performance reviews positive?
Has your current boss sent a copy of the notes she took from your last meeting to HR? Did you sign/ok these notes? Has she set you specific goals that she expects you to achieve within an acceptable timeframe?
Next time you have a meeting with your boss, ask if HR can be present, if this is not possible due to logistics ie; HR are in a different city, then ask if you can have a colleague sit in on the meeting, who will take independent notes (this should not really be 'a mate' but someone well-respected within your place of work).
Your boss may not like you. I had this, for a year she insulted me and took me off client-facing work, even though my clients complained that they wanted me back on their accounts. I had a track record of five years of excellent results on successful large projects. Eventually I asked for a move to another department. She recruited someone to fill my job ("one of her girlies, who would talk with the other girls about hair and make-up" - her words). Three months later she was sacked and I got something they called ME, which thankfully only took a couple of years to clear.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Hi Merlin. If you have to go to any more disciplinary meetings I think you should take someone with you. You should have a representative and also as a witness. There must be ways to get representation and you are entitled to it. Employers should know that they will be seen as acting wrongly if they try to dismiss an employee at meetings where they did not have any representative.

In many cases the union will take someone on as a member even if they are already having problems with the employer.
Old 22-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzabb View Post
Hi Merlin,
Did you have a different boss before the one you have now? Have you had any performance reviews in the past with a different boss? And were these performance reviews positive?
Has your current boss sent a copy of the notes she took from your last meeting to HR? Did you sign/ok these notes? Has she set you specific goals that she expects you to achieve within an acceptable timeframe?
Next time you have a meeting with your boss, ask if HR can be present, if this is not possible due to logistics ie; HR are in a different city, then ask if you can have a colleague sit in on the meeting, who will take independent notes (this should not really be 'a mate' but someone well-respected within your place of work).
Your boss may not like you. I had this, for a year she insulted me and took me off client-facing work, even though my clients complained that they wanted me back on their accounts. I had a track record of five years of excellent results on successful large projects. Eventually I asked for a move to another department. She recruited someone to fill my job ("one of her girlies, who would talk with the other girls about hair and make-up" - her words). Three months later she was sacked and I got something they called ME, which thankfully only took a couple of years to clear.
I previously worked in a different role within the same place and yes had a different boss for that, and as I remember the performance reviews ect were ok... there is only a few members of staff in the place where I work...

Seems the time frame I was given was instantaneous... any delay in my improvement has not been looked on well... she did claim she doesn't understand depression, fine, but also that she has helped people through it (probably in her role within the union) so she clearly knows enough to help other people, but not me?

I can have a representative there but it has to either be another member of staff or someone from the union

Last edited by Merlin M; 22-07-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 23-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I thought you were allowed to have anyone you like at those things, someone at where my wife works took a solicitor
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
Gordon
Adult

If you were a bit closer i would come and sort them out for you prob loose your job but by the sounds of it it would be worth it
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote