Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
Taszia
Hatchling

Don't really see the issue here It ain't hurtin anyone you txt write type how you want to . It's not really hurtin people is it it is just a picky winge to me to have a moan bit silly really . Half of people out there don't speak properly or pronounce every word correctly in a well spoken English manor withouth accents so I don't c any dif if I'm honest some people use it some don't I really don't understand the need to bring it up and moan everyone should b free to do as they please as I said it isn't really hurting anyone it may bug people a little but that's about it ? Bit pathetic really . Sorry of this also offends but Im just sharing that I think this is a little silly and looks like a reason to have a winge?

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Taszia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #22
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
Don't really see the issue here It ain't hurtin anyone you txt write type how you want to . It's not really hurtin people is it it is just a picky winge to me to have a moan bit silly really . Half of people out there don't speak properly or pronounce every word correctly in a well spoken English manor withouth accents so I don't c any dif if I'm honest some people use it some don't I really don't understand the need to bring it up and moan everyone should b free to do as they please as I said it isn't really hurting anyone it may bug people a little but that's about it ? Bit pathetic really . Sorry of this also offends but Im just sharing that I think this is a little silly and looks like a reason to have a winge?
I would just like to point out that "no text speak" is one of the forum rules!
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #23
Taszia
Hatchling

Not looking for an argument just simply saying it doesn't really hurt anyone and some peoPle use phones so can't help the auto quick txt speach also some ppl may have issues with there spelling

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Old 15-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Proper English, spelling and grammar are so much easier to read.

The OP is entitled to her opinion. I certainly agree with her.

I find that a badly written and poorly spelt post, whether in text speak or not, has to be read more than once.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #25
Taszia
Hatchling

Understand that completely just clearly stating for others who also are aloud opinions it can't be helped if people can't spell or have easy txt settings on a phone they are using is all . Like I said not looking for an arguement over speech as its pathetic just sharing my opinion like everyone else not looking to be jumped on for it

Old 15-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #26
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I agree, I get texts from people and can't make out what they are talking about, I have to work it out!

People wouldn't use text speak when writing a letter or applying for a job so why use it on a forum?
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

By the way there are loads of people who come on here when using a phone and don't use morse code. People wouldn't come on and put all their posts in Italian or German either
Old 15-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #28
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
Understand that completely just clearly stating for others who also are aloud opinions it can't be helped if people can't spell or have easy txt settings on a phone they are using is all . Like I said not looking for an arguement over speech as its pathetic just sharing my opinion like everyone else not looking to be jumped on for it
Did you read my post? It does "hurt", as you put it. I am dyslexic and have problems reading text speak. You are clearly upset by my post as your tone is very offensive. It's not a whinge or pathetic if text speak is ruining my pleasure on the forum. It has also been pointed out it is a forum rule. If people cant spell they should download a spell check. I have one and it highlights all the words that are spelled incorrectly, you can then right click and it gives you the correct spelling. It's not hard and it teaches you how to spell. If I can manage to post legible messages why can't everyone else?

For anyone who would like a free spell checker http://www.ie7pro.com/spell-checker.html
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband

Last edited by pagan queen; 15-05-2012 at 11:22 AM.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Does it work on IE9 too?
Old 15-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #30
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Another reason to not use text speak is when you need to use the search facility on here, what do you search for or what does the search not pick up?