Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #21
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomyda View Post
I suggest that moderators integrate these two threads in order that the debate does not get fragmented and confused.
It seems, that a similar thread on another Internet forum; "Tortoise Trust", has become rather highly charged with various claims and accusations made.
I've merged the threads but I'm not sure it's going to be a 'debate'
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #22
Pussygalore
Adult

there have been plenty of posts in the past from people who have gotten hatchlings from the tortoise garden, whether they were given or sold is beside the point, to deliberately breed and give animals away without the papers is pointless and iresponsible and makes it very hard for the new owner to get papers. The only other way these owners would have got the baby was to buy it and that suggests that at least some breeding animals have been chipped and papered. I had 15 hatchlings this year if I kept on breeding just for me to keep it wouldn't be many years before I ran out of space, then what would I do, there are to many unwanted tortoises now without adding to the problem, and if I bred animals without papers and gave them away wouldn't that tell any new owners that its fine/ok to do that. I thought the whole point of certificates/chipping etc was to try to 'tidy' up the breeding and encourage people to buy legal uk bred animals. I still also believe that any rescue/zoo/park whatever that keeps a lot of animals should be regulary inspected and if a place needs a lisence for that to take place then so be it.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
Kirkie
Adult

Links to these posts?
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #24
Pussygalore
Adult

if you are meaning links to those who have had torts from there I'm sorry but I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to find them, I've been on here since the forum started and there have been many that in an exhisting thread have said 'my torts came from the Tortoise Garden in Cornwall' not just on here but on other forums such as RFUK and that would be going back some years. I don't think that saying has ever started a thread but its certainly been mentioned in fact I think 'mrs mental or steph on RFUK has had an animal from there, don't quote me on that but I'm sure that rings a bell. I'll pm her but she doesn't come on as much as she used to, its certainly not something new I also remember people wanting a hatchling/tort being told to ask there as they often have some for sale. In fact to solve the querry someone only needs to phone up and ask pretending to be a potential buyer, maybe I will.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Right, I'm going to interject here. Whilst a fresh discussion is welcome, let's keep things on a factual basis here please. This should not be a continuation of a debate from another forum.

Can we also please refrain from name calling or using evocative terms like 'Witch Hunt' and 'desciples' in reference to any other forum

Last edited by Bindi; 02-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #26
Pussygalore
Adult

I haven't been on any other forums? well apart from rfuk and I haven't noticed it on there.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #27
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

It's the TT apparently (that's not the Isle of Man TT by the way, it's a different one )
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #28
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I haven't been on any other forums? well apart from rfuk and I haven't noticed it on there.
Not directed at you personnally Ann, but anyone contributing the this thread
Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #29
jodie
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodie View Post
I think i saw a thread which said that they bred there adults and sold the hatchlings to pay for the adult torts upkeep.
Search for cornwall tortoise garden and I'm sure you will find the thread.
I am very sorry if i have caused any offence to anyone. I merely replied to anita in a thread which i thought was just a light question, I did not realise it was such a deep thread with such strong opinions. As far as i was aware anita had started the post and i was reply 4 so i didn't see the heated debate . very sorry to all

Testudo Marginata 0.0.2
Testudo Greaca Ibera 2.0.0
Rabbits 1.1.0
Cats 2.0.0
Hobbits 2.1.0
jodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #30
Anita Sayles
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Anita Sayles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodie View Post
I am very sorry if i have caused any offence to anyone. I merely replied to anita in a thread which i thought was just a light question, I did not realise it was such a deep thread with such strong opinions. As far as i was aware anita had started the post and i was reply 4 so i didn't see the heated debate . very sorry to all
Don't worry about it Jodie, just enjoy the forum