Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
ElHein
Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ElHein
Default Hello from Norway! My introduction.

Hello, everyone on this wonderful site. I currently reside in the nordic, icy Hell called Norway.

I have two Testudo hermanni boettgeri (as in my signature), who I am yet not certain of which gender they belong to. Not that it matters to me. At first I was hoping I had a male and a female, but I have to admit that I no longer care too much about that. Whether I have m/f, mm, ff, I still love them like my two identical children. I've had them for about two years now (they just turned three!)

About me:
I am currently in a serious relationship and I am hoping that we will be together long enough to have children who can take care of my loved ones after my death.
Since I was a young boy, I have always had a thing for biology. My early fascination of fishing and fish made me love animals. After a while, we got a dog (the happiest day of my life!) and eventually another. The other turned out to have epilepsia, so we had to put him down. That was the most horrible day of my life to date. It was in that moment I found out that I would never want to feel that loss again. I never wanted to lose a loved one again, and so I started fascinating about reptiles. Mostly because of their long life-span, but also their simmilarities and differences to humans. I found the most amazing creatures in the community; insects and reptiles, exotic fish and plants that made my jaw drop. A whole new world opened up for me, and so I find myself here. I went to Prague and took my two tortoises back with me, and now I am the proud father of two.

This forum seems very good, so I'll do my best to remain active, and hopefully you can help whenever I have problems, and I'll do my best to help you out if you ever have one. Related or unrelated to our shelled warriors.
ElHein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
burnt toast
Adult

Hello & welcome
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Zen
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Hello, welcome to SW. It's a great Forum. Would love to see some pictures of your little ones

Rachael & Zen (THB)
'Show gratitude to every living thing'
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
WriterNick
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to WriterNick

Hai!
I spent some time in Bergen once and I loved it, maybe it's different if you have to live there?
Welcome to the forum - I had a similar experience with a pet dog when I was a young man and I swore that I would never have one again. That is also one of the reasons why I chose to get a tortoise, and I am finding that he is a perfect pet for me
It would be great to see pictures of your little torts!
Skol
WriterNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
ElHein
Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ElHein

Oh, I wish I could just get on a plane and leave. Sadly; you saw Bergen. It's so warm and cozy in Bergen compared to Tromsø. This place is so cold and windy, it'll freeze your blood!
As for pictures; I'll add them as soon as I can get my cellphone fixed. Until then, I can upload some from when my darlings were young (and soooooo cute).
The biggest one I've named after my biology-teacher. His name is Roger (Think it's a he...) and he is a lot bigger than Gauta. (possible female). He's a bit dominant at times, but lately they've been acting like a small pack. Can't seem to keep them apart for more than ten minutes. Anyone else had this experience?

I'm including some of the pictures here, but because I'm not certain how their size is, I'll just have to upload some links!
http://img829.imageshack.us/i/user37...812413645.jpg/
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/user375...112414336.jpg/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/user37...412416999.jpg/
http://img560.imageshack.us/i/user37...812417914.jpg/

Thank you for all the warm replies!
ElHein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #6
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Welcome to the forum

Danny
Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 AM   #7
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Welcome from me So sad you dislike your home and country so much, and hope one day you can move
Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

......... hello
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

Hi from me too. What a lovely introduction. Here's to you and your little ones x
Old 10-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
SeeShell
Adult

Hi & a very warm welcome to SW!
SS
SeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elhein, introduction