Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 19-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #151
kimmerz
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kimmerz Send a message via Yahoo to kimmerz

just found this thread and I had to read it all. I'm so sorry to here whats happened to you as it happened to me last year, I hope you find petal. unfortunatly my tort did not survive and I won't say how and where I found him as I don't want to upset you anymore than you already are, but it does happen to the best of us and mistakes do happen so don't beat yourself up, it's a tragedy what has happened and you can't control what your dog does when you go out you can just try prevent it which if you locked the dog out the room you were never to know. I now have a dead bolt lock on my door so what happened will never happen to me again so maybe thats something you could look into. You've done all you could for fluffy i understand that it can be hard when you get hit like this out the blue and it's hard to whip out money on demand and find a vet at such an awkward hour/day anyway glad fluffys doing ok and all the luck and hope in the world for finding petal I just hope you don't have to see what I had to see.

7 hermanns-Paris, Turbo, Pumba, Dave, Izzy, Miami and Zippy.
2 reds- Tommy and Elliot
kimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #152
fluffythetort
Incubating

just thought id update

fluffy is doing ever so well eating & drinking as good as ever hes shell is looking good and hes his same old confident self.

we still have not found petal and dont think we ever will now so RIP PETAL XX
Old 21-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #153
Madhouse
Sub Adult

Great news about fluffy - really pleased for you hun. Shame about poor little Petal
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #154
fluffythetort
Incubating

i know i miss the little girl i didnt have her long i want another hatchling but really cant afford to
Old 25-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #155
kellswells83
Incubating

I haven't been on here for ages and have only just ready this thread. can i just say that all the people that were so harsh to you really need to get a grip. for god sake this forum is for help and advice for everyone not for a public bashing! I am so glad that fluffy is doing well and i'm so sorry that you haven't managed to find petal! you never know she may turn up yet! thats all i wanted to say.
keeping fingers crossed for petal!
xx
Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #156
Madhouse
Sub Adult

Hi ya - just wondered how Fluffy was getting on - is he still continuing to be on the mend??? Was there ever any news on little Petal?? Sorry to ask but I was hoping. Take care
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #157
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. This is the first time I've come across this thread and I have read through it all before commenting, hoping that you managed to find both torts, and they were both fine.

I'm so glad Fluffy is doing ok, but I feel so sad that you have still not found Petal. Don't give up hope, people have found their torts after months of looking. Maybe your dog did take the tort outside and burried it. Have you noticed any part of your garden dug up a little? Sorry you probably already checked, but I'm tryng to think of any place he could be. My dog loves burrying his toys. I really don't think your dog would have eaten your tort, as I would have thought thay they would think of them as toys.

Good luck finding Petal and I wished I could have helped you out.

Sending you a hug
Michelle x
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote