Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
kezia911
Hatched

Default sad looking perhaps gravid THB

Dear All,

Its been a while since I last posted as all has been fine and dandy with my creep! However this evening i'm a little concerned for one of my female THB's i'm pretty sure that she is gravid as there has been a lot of stomping and unusual behaviour from her over the last week, yesterday morning she was desperately digging away in soil that was too dry and falling in on itself so I added more topsoil and stuck the hose pipe in and made it nice and moist so as to achieve the desired soil that holds. knowing that the soil was now to cold i re-positioned the heat lamp and left her to it. To my delight this morning a THH (which has not laid before) was busy coving up, whilst waiting for her to finish the THB started digging right in the same spot! I unfortunately disturbed her when taking the lid of the house and she moved away so i collected the two eggs that had been laid and popped them in the incubator. Thinking that she would probably lay somewhere today whilst I was at work.
When I got home the THB was sitting in a cold corner of the enclosure which i thought was strange but set to digging over the house first, nothing, then I dug over the rest of the enclosure still nothing and still she was sat in the cold. I fed the rest of the gang and she rather awkwardly and incredibly slowly made her way towards us. Once every one else had finished i offered her a bit of tomato as she just looks done in, and exhausted. She did eat the tomato but did'nt move so I placed her in the warmth of the house and I can honestly say i've never seen a sadder looking tortoise. She is sitting at the door with her chin on the floor. Any ideas as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.
kezia911 is offline   Reply With Quote