Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
KateW
Incubating

Default Hello!

Hello!

My name is Kate. I work as a BPA. I love travelling, mainly to see animals. I took a year off and went to Borneo, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Cook Islands, America and Canada. The best year of my life so far. I was lucky enough to go to Galapagos Islands this year which was just breathtakingly amazing.
I live on the Essex/Suffolk border with my partner who is making my tortoise table. I have owned a huge African land snail aptly named Sid Snot ( I was 15 then, 25 now) and stick insects as well as rescuing various wildlife. I volunteered at my local animal sanctuary for 4 years before moving. I am hoping to get a hermanns tortoise from a captive uk breeder very soon as have been researching non stop on this website. Its great. I can't wait to get my little fellow but want everything perfect before he/she arrives. Nice to meet you all!

Kate
Below is a galapagos tortoise in the wild I fell in love with, hours of video footage!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

It sounds like you have done some fantastic things. I would love to see more pictures if you have any A big welcome to the forum from me

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
nina
Adult

Hi Kate, and welcome to the forum. You're already the envy of us all with your Galapagos trip!
What is a BPA? I'm sure everyone else will know what this is and I'll look a right idiot. I googled BPA and got an amazing variety of websites, from British Parachute Association to British Pig Association <g>.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
KateW
Incubating

There are 1000's of photos Hurray for digital cameras!!! This is the same tortoise. He was so great.

And this is a little friend below the water

And the little Aussie one, I think he is a long necked one. He was on the road so I moved him off.

I will add a couple more!!! I have loads. Thank you for the warm welcome. Its a great site. I have looked at a ot of your posts and will be using your pallet idea for the outside enclosure in summer

And just for fun!!! A roo!!!! I was lying on my back for this one. Luckily he was friendly!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
KateW
Incubating

Hi Nina!!!

I wish I did deal with pigs it would be much more fun. Unfortunately its quite dull in reality. A Business Processes Analyser, I think they make up these titles sometimes I think I should change it to the pig one!!!

Nice to meet you. You should all go to the Galapagos, its the best place in the world. The wildlife just aren't scared of humans as they have no need to. We went with galakiwi. IT was expensive but so worth it, except for the seasickness on the boats

Lovely to meet you!!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
yam yam
Sub Adult

hello and welcome from me wooooooow you have been busy

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
ChristyJade
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to ChristyJade

Hello!

Good luck with your tort when you get it So jealous of your travels! I have yet to go on mine...

Enjoy the forum! x

Big Boy Now!

My sewing blog: http://sewwwhat.wordpress.com/
ChristyJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
nina
Adult

Brilliant pictures, Kate! When you click on that first one, the detail is amazing (so very nice camera too). And now I know what a BPA is (but am none the wiser <g>).
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
KateW
Incubating

Hello YamYam and Vince's Owner!!! I have seen you both all over the forum, so its great to hear from you. Vince is adorable. I can't wait to get my own. Any help you want with travels to places I have been to feel free to bombard me. Theres lots of little ways around to make it cheaper. Our trip in total only cost £6500. Which for a year is not a lot! That includes everything you can think of, sky diving, equiv of bungee jumping, scuba diving, kayaking, going to turtle island off of Borneo and see them lay eggs. Volunteering with dolphins and guide dogs and countless other things. It is possible and great. As long as I can keep bombarding you with questions on the shelled warriors!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
yam yam
Sub Adult

bombarding away if we cant help then i am sure the more experienced ones can as for traveling i would love to but got two children that keep me on my toes so just have to stick to hoildays when we can

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote