Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 30-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
70ridgeway
Adult

Default i made it

ive never made anything in my life went out weekend to get a little house for wilma and coulnt get one so i made on hubby said its s*** but i think i did a good job hes outside now making a better one or so he said all i go to do is stain it and put felt on and around the sides what do you think about it

please dont laugh i think its ok
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
bernards mom
Sub Adult

i think it is a very good attempt for a first time. you should be proud of yourself. and as for your hubby well, i would tell him to bugger off if he thinks he can do so much better why didnt he do it in the first place!! (i am sure he is very nice really )
THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY FROM YOUR PIC IS THAT I WOULD BE WORRIED THAT THE RAIN WOULD BE ABLE TO GET IN THE GAP WHERE THE ROOF AND THE FRONT JOIN BUT IF YOU OVER LAP THE ROOFING FELT (sorry just noticed the caps and cant be bothered to re type!) over the front slightly then that should keep the rain out. what is the floor made of? it looks like it is on concrete or is that wood?
well done though.
sarah
Old 30-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
70ridgeway
Adult

thank you its not finished yet got to finish a few bits and bobs and will be overlapping felt and got the sliding door to go in just put some liquid nails to join the two pieces of cladding for the door ,just put it there for photo gonna put it on breeze blocks to get it up off the floor and make a ramp and paint the front will post finished article tomorrow hopefully unless hubbys is better
Old 30-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
bernards mom
Sub Adult

liquid nails and wet wipes have got to be the same level as the wheel when it was invented.
i would keep your little house and your hubbies when he is done and let the tort see which s/he thinks is the best. of course if he goes in hubbies just dont tell him and if he goes in yours you can really rub it in
sarah
Old 30-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
sandy
Adult

A brilliant house, all you need is some roofing felt over the top and bobs your uncle.
At least you will have a second choice too<vbg>.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Madhouse
Sub Adult

Well your little house is perfect so when hubby finishes his mansion I'd wrap it round his head and then stick it where the sun doesn't shine and send him back to the Tactful School cos he failed first time round!!!
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
70ridgeway
Adult

hes only been making his for 20 min and he said will do it tomorrow i know whos house will be completed first and it wont be his ive just stained mine aswell so in your face mr ridgeway thanks sandy steph and sarah will felt tomorrow
Old 30-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

Jo it is lovely, well done you. I'm useless at making things, I'm all slap dash that'll do. I like things done immediatly. If you don't want it, you know where to send it
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
70ridgeway
Adult

thank you everyone shell im going to attempt to make another run for my ferrets but i have cheated a little bit i brought some avairy panels already built just got to try fix it together and find some dead tree stumps to put in for them to climb no stopping me know.
Old 30-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
linda
Adult

you have done a great job
linda is offline   Reply With Quote