Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Lewis-P
Egg

Default URGENT!! Indian Star squeaking and not eating very much!

Hi, i have an Indian Star who is about 8months old, she is very fussy about what she eats, currently weighs 34grams but sticks to dandelion leaves and ignores anything else i put down, i get what i can at the moment but there arent many dandelions about at the moment so i have just started growing my own. I recently purchased a bag of dried dandelion and mixed wild grass from my local reptile shop but she hasnt really taken any interest in it and im worried shes not eating enough! she also seems to have her eyes closed the majority of the time and recently has started making a high pitched squeaking noise every now and then which is another concern.

her eyes are clear of any discharge and there is no mucus or bubbles around her nose so im not sure what could be the problem (if any).

she isnt pooing as much as she used to and hasnt passed any of the white urates for a while either.

i keep her in a table with her basking area at 32-35degrees and the cool area gets down to around 25-28degrees, and at night it gets down to around 20 which i have been advised is about perfect.

Any help will be greatyly appreciated! thanks guys
Lewis-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eating habbits, high pitched squeak, indian star, star