Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 31-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #251
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
We need a quiz or something keep you going...
How 'bout an "I spy with my little eye" thingey - if anyone wants to do that, you have to be able to post a picture of it (which I can't, I don't have picture posting capabilities here), and it has to be something Gordon might be able to see in his hospital room, or when he goes home, at home. So, if I could post pictures and I was able to play, I might say, "I spy with my little eye, a vase of flowers." Then one of you would take a picture of a vase of flowers you have at home and post it, but it can't be a picture off the 'net. You have to actually have it there. Did you bring your camera to the hosp. with you Gordon?
Old 31-08-2019, 05:48 PM   #252
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Hope your feeling better very soon Gordon xx
Well there has been things going on and I now have a collapsed lung this really is turning into a draft copy for a book.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #253
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well there has been things going on and I now have a collapsed lung this really is turning into a draft copy for a book.
That's your spare time sorted then get writing that book!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #254
Suze65
Adult

Sorry Gordon, I’ve been away for a few days. I can’t believe this is happening to you, but as you say, this could be a best seller, they do say things happen for a reason ! Silver linings and all that. Start making notes when you feel a bit better

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #255
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Oh no!
Have they put a chest tube in as well now?
Probably no comfort at all but hubby’s golf partner had a collapsed lung and then hubby had pneumonia but they’ve both managed to get out for a round once this year...until hubby tore ligaments in his back.
So, the point of that little story is you can make a good recovery from this. Just don’t wash Wilber and do your back in!

I take it there’s now no green light for getting home tomorrow? I suppose at least you were in hospital when this happened and hadn’t been discharged already. Not much of a silver lining, but...

Get well soon Mr Cillin!! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #256
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Oh no!
Have they put a chest tube in as well now?
Probably no comfort at all but hubby’s golf partner had a collapsed lung and then hubby had pneumonia but they’ve both managed to get out for a round once this year...until hubby tore ligaments in his back.
So, the point of that little story is you can make a good recovery from this. Just don’t wash Wilber and do your back in!

I take it there’s now no green light for getting home tomorrow? I suppose at least you were in hospital when this happened and hadn’t been discharged already. Not much of a silver lining, but...

Get well soon Mr Cillin!! x
No Emma they are treating it with even more pills a d I have to go on a nebuliser which tastes horrible so next time I do a tortoise I will feel sorry for it.
I'm taking four different tablets x2 of each every four hours plus morphine and it still hurts like heck whenever I move so getting moaned at because I'm not out of bed enough getting exercise..... I say tuff I'm staying put
Old 31-08-2019, 10:58 PM   #257
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
No Emma they are treating it with even more pills a d I have to go on a nebuliser which tastes horrible so next time I do a tortoise I will feel sorry for it.
I'm taking four different tablets x2 of each every four hours plus morphine and it still hurts like heck whenever I move so getting moaned at because I'm not out of bed enough getting exercise..... I say tuff I'm staying put
Exercise?
You’ve had pretty major surgery, the third in four months, now a collapsed lung too - what do they want? Roly-Poly’s down the ward? I bet a shuffle to the bathroom is bad enough. Anyway, you don’t want to put more pressure on your wounds. Hope the first dressing change went okay and no sign of infection.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 11:32 PM   #258
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Exercise?
You’ve had pretty major surgery, the third in four months, now a collapsed lung too - what do they want? Roly-Poly’s down the ward? I bet a shuffle to the bathroom is bad enough. Anyway, you don’t want to put more pressure on your wounds. Hope the first dressing change went okay and no sign of infection.
Not doing the first one till Monday as surgeon wants to have a full team in case anything else falls off
They haven't mentioned roly-polys yet but I wouldn't be surprised at star jumps in the corridor b4 breakfast tomorrow.
Right it's now 10.30 and shouldn't get woken again now till 1am so I'm good for a couple of hrs sleep and feel wide awake.
Old 31-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #259
tortydat
Sub Adult

What about counting sheep or better still we could get together and sing you to sleep!!!!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #260
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Gordon, it’s really important that you stay mobile and do get out of bed enough, and walk up and down, I would imagine they don’t want you to be at risk of getting a chest infection, which can happen if you are not mobile enough. Even if if it bloody hurts , you must do it ! Seriously! Xxx

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote