Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Rehoming

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Jemma1
Default 3 year old female horsfield

I'm sadly putting Joey up for rehoming as i have had to sell my entire breeding group due to going travelling and mums illness meaning shes not coping.

Joey was my first ever hatchling, hatched 22/8/2010, so is coming up to 3 years old.

Joey needs a special home with someone who is not intending to breed her. She hatched with some form of abnormality in her back legs, and although she gets around fine, she is a little slow and i cant immagine she would be able to dig a nest with them in the future.

I'm going to be honest now, Joey and several of my other tortoises all contracted RNS this year, i think it just spread quickly when one caught it. It is easily and cheaply treated with antibiotics in the mouth but i think its still important to make any potential owners aware.
So she may need a home on her own, or certainly not one with lots of other tortoises just incase it comes back at any point in the future as i would hate to think of it spreading to a whole group.

I need a very special home for Joey, hints why i am telling the absolute truth and not attempting to sell her. She was my first hatched and if i wasn't off travelling, would keep her.

If interested, please let me know. You can email me on jemma.butt@gmail.com or PM on the forum.

I am based in southampton but may be able to meet in Hertfordshire.

Jemma

The orange spot is just nail varnish for ID between hatchlings

Shes the bigger one at the front

Pretty sure shes female, this was about a year ago and shes looking more female now
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Jemma1

Joey has now found a lovely home thanks everyone