Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
fourtorts
Incubating

Default update on tortoise pellet victim

Hi, Just thought I'd let you know how he is doing.
The little guy has been outside for a few days and I have been bringing him back inside in the evening. He still seemed stressed and was wizzing everywhere both inside and out, but when I brought him back in last night he seemed to settle down under his new heater quite quickly. I only put it on few a couple of hours just to make sure he was warmed up as he hadn't been outside before.
This morning he seemed quite bright but he still hadn't eaten since last Wednesday. I put him outside in his new temporary enclosure and he seemed so much calmer and happier and then he nibbled on some wild rocket in a pot I had placed in his enclosure and then he ate a little piece of an orange pepper, (I thought the colour would catch his eye) a small plantain and dandalion leaf.
Yeah........ I am going to wean him off the tort pellets as quickly as I can and throw them through the petshop window where he was purchased (joke.. I wish). I am taking him to the vet when I have a sample so he can be checked out for worms etc...
I must admit it's a wonderful feeling to know that a little tort has been saved from a sad existance. I know that he will be cared for by his new owner and that he will have the support of myself and Shelled Warriors.

my doggy daycare web

http://www.littledoggydaycare.co.uk/index.php
fourtorts is offline   Reply With Quote