Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #21
burger
Egg

emmmmm...... that's the reasons that I registered about 6 years ago but didn't make that much post, come on guys!!! we are talking about the tortoises here! no money no greed no anger please!!! some people never accept or care about what other people said or their opinion, they don't even care to talk about it! it's tortoises thing in here, why some one not openly to discuss that topic and tell other your opinion? my opinion is there's only one option that is best for any tortoises is send them back to where they original come from.
radiated 0.0.3
burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #22
burger
Egg

of course I do learn a lots from here , especially EJ!
radiated 0.0.3
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #23
alley cat
Adult

Just out of interest are you from Cleveland Ohio?
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #24
EJ
Adult

Is there a Cleveland in the UK??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #25
X DANIELLE X
Incubating

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Many tortoise keepers don't believe it is 'right' to keep tortoises in captivity even though they keep tortoises themselves.

In my eyes the male is getting some and the female seems to be receptive to his advances. I see no harm nor foul.

How is this different from there being 2 Hermanns or 2 Stars? They are just pets after all.
First point agreed that's anyone's opinion....

Second I was just putting my opinion across as I am one whom believes in leaving different species separate but obviously they have been together a while, however I wouldn't push to try and cross breed them!

Thirdly yes they are our pets but if we look at it like that what's the point of even bothering to discuss this in the first place. Clearly we all care for them more than just pets well mine are more like family members. I was just concerned for the little shelled ones.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
No - Redcar, Cleveland, UK
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Is there a Cleveland in the UK??????
Alter ego?
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
burger
Egg

well, this post much better than last one now lol ! unless you got your points not telling my point by guess, you are not me how did you know that I'm GREED MONEY ?
everyone in here include me all tortoises lover ! that's the main reason we are here to discuss to help , to find the better ways !
this topic is because that my mr star and ms Herman seen to be unusual action, but my knowledge and experience is limited , I do learn and research everyday and still going on, we need to discuss and research, discuss WHY ? is it POSSIBLE ? will it be better FURTURE ? what's the RISK ? how we to get the best way to the tortoises and keeper ? I love EJ said " it's simple for tortoise, temperature and nutrition " ! of course it's not that simple but not that complex too ! why not you all smart and experiences guys not to try something new and keep going ? the tortoises become more and more popular pets now, my hope is eventually we got a K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid )rule for all new and old tortoises keepers to make more enjoying to keep tortoises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
So i can't give my opinion on what you are doing ... because i don't agree... and because of that you are now going to put the sob story about not posting because you were to scared to...

It simple... stars with stars... hermanns with hermanns... i to have learnt alot from Ed... but this is one area where i will not agree with himself... and i don't have to because it is my opinion... not from a disease point of view... not from a mixing species point of view... but from the point of view that these tortoises are now trying to breed...

You knew if you read the forum this topic would be debated... as it always is... if you wanted the opinion of just one person maybe a PM to that person would have surficed, as it is obvious that the rest of us are just wasting our time as you will keep doing what you are doing regardless of what the rest of us think.
radiated 0.0.3
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burger View Post
well, this post much better than last one now lol ! unless you got your points not telling my point by guess, you are not me how did you know that I'm GREED MONEY ?
everyone in here include me all tortoises lover ! that's the main reason we are here to discuss to help , to find the better ways !
this topic is because that my mr star and ms Herman seen to be unusual action, but my knowledge and experience is limited , I do learn and research everyday and still going on, we need to discuss and research, discuss WHY ? is it POSSIBLE ? will it be better FURTURE ? what's the RISK ? how we to get the best way to the tortoises and keeper ? I love EJ said " it's simple for tortoise, temperature and nutrition " ! of course it's not that simple but not that complex too ! why not you all smart and experiences guys not to try something new and keep going ? the tortoises become more and more popular pets now, my hope is eventually we got a K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid )rule for all new and old tortoises keepers to make more enjoying to keep tortoises.
What? I can't understand what you are trying to say.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #30
EJ
Adult

Here... let me try to translate.

The guy was looking for simple advice to a specific situation. He seems to care just as much for his tortoises as all of you. Some tortoise keepers tend to over think the keeping of their tortoises. Some tortoise keepers tend to keep it simple and other keepers seem to like this approach to keeping tortoise.

I guess I missed the question asking if it is advisable to mix species.

I'm guessing that english is not the guys first language... or... he has trouble using the keyboard for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareandCo View Post
What? I can't understand what you are trying to say.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote