Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > Aquatic, Semi-Aquatic, and Terrestrial Turtles

Old 15-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
bruceleetortoise

Default adult red eared sliders

i took on two 10 year old red eared sliders today, previous owner was movng abroad and so was forced to sell them, so i happily took them, not had a chance to take any pics yet, but will post some later on this evening.

they are both quite large and very frisky....
Old 15-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
leggy
Sub Adult

I cant wait to see pics Ho0pe thay settle in ok

leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
tortoiseguy
Sub Adult

Sure you will give them a great home. Looking forward to the photos
tortoiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend

Lucky you!!

Look forwards to seeing the pics!!

Hope they settle in well.

Wendy
dizzywend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
bruceleetortoise

sorry guys (and gals!), i didnt get a chance to take any pics of the res' last night, was busy cleaning out a big tank and cleaning out filters etc, took quite a bit of time.

the guy was only keeping them in about 2 inches of water, with only a small brick in one side for them to climb onto, the turtles themselves are bigger than the brick, so they had no basking area, no uv, and i have to say the tank was filthy, pretty good sized tank (over 4 feet in length) but not very well kept, it had algue growing all on the inside of it and on the outside too, he was feeding them solely on prawns, actually he was giving them away for free, and he was gonna give them to another person who got in touch with him, but she knew nothing about turtles, and i know she would keep them in the same way he was suggesting, so i asked him not to give them away to her and that i would pay him for them, and that swayed him in my favour, i had to give him £40 for them, but at least they will get the right diet etc etc.

will definately get pics posted real soon...
Old 17-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
yakface77
Hatched

Come on Darren, i feel a bit like a donkey here, and you are dangling a carrot !!
I cant wait to see the RES'S, sometimes you have to pay a few quid, if people have pound signs ££££ flashing in their eyes. Anythng to give these animals a chance at a fuller life, good on you mate.

I once missed out on a rescue tort in scotland, she was prepared to let him go to me (usual husbandry, tank, heatmat, pellets etc.) without the viv for £40, however whilst i was en route, she phoned me to say hes now been sold as the new buyer wants to keep him in the viv. and has therefore paid extra for that. She also saif, it would be nice for someone who hasnt got one to have a go at keeping them ???

It is admirable for people to let their pets go for free or even for a few quid, when they realise what they are doing is not sufficient to their needs.

How are they doing anyway ?? Here is a pic of my RES rescue. (with cooters)

She is very shy and i had to use my slr with zoom lens to get this pic, i was about 50ft away, any movement and she slides off (hense the name)

1.1.2 Florida Cooter turtles
0.1.1 Red Eared Slider Turtle
0.1.0 Mississippi Map Turtle
yakface77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
bruceleetortoise

ok everyone heres a couple of pics of my new 'babies', one of them is about 8inches long, they other is about 9 inches, they are both greedy frisky turtles, will eat pretty much anything i offer them.
sorry for the poor pics, but like i say they are very frisky, and as soon as i get anywere near them they are swimming away, or going to the top thinking they are getting food.
i will post more as soon as i get a chance to take better pics of them (when they let me)lol .

well thats all for now.. they are in a 4 and a half foot tank just now, but will be moving shortly, then they will be going into an outdoor pond - cant wait to get that setup for them, really wish i could do it now.

well i hope you enjoyed the pics, comments welcome!!
Old 17-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

they are beautiful, great pics
Old 17-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
aprillinda

they look lovely
Old 17-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #10
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend