Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 13-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Default Mega ray same as trex bulbs?

I was told on another forum that the trex and mega ray are the same bulb made in the same factory, but boxed up different. Is this true?

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

Yes, the megaray was the original. The Trex is made from the same blueprint as the megaray, so effectively the same bulb. I believe the megaray undergoes more testing though, a possible reason why they seem an overall better bulb.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
piglet
Adult

Mega ray are a better quality bulb with a higher UVB output, the trex company buy off the bulbs that are very slightly UVB deficient as the true Mega ray

D

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Dazza
Adult

Yeap everyone is correct sarah.

Bob designed the Megaray - and has allowed the Factory to sell the 100w bulbs to T-Rex under the T-rex brand.

I could'nt comment on the Manufacture of the T-rex !!

However, the Megaray I can comment on - These bulbs are made to a very exacting standard, each and every bulb is production line tested, as well as Bob spot testing bulbs from each batch when they arrive with him, we also do the same when they arrive in the UK. The Mega-Ray is made from only the best raw materials, high qulaity glass envelopes for even distribution of Light and UVB as well a UVA, the Arc tubes are top notch, its also worth noting these bulbs are hand made.

I am not knocking any of the other bulbs but these megarays are now being used in most of the Top Zoos in the UK, i have Vets Prescribing these as medicine to aid sick and dying reptiles, some even stock them !

All of the independant testing points towards these being the best bulb in the world and when the new hailde bulb comes out will mark the begining of a new generation in reptile lighting.

I am yet to find anyone who is willing to give negative feedback on these bulbs, everyone comments on the increased activity, feeding in some of the lizards the colourations are better...i could go on and on and on about just how good they are.

Dazza
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote