Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Pussygalore
Adult

just make sure that the care offered is similar to what they would have at home, there are people that care for pets in their own homes and if your pet isn't used to being outside or caged then they are worth looking at. My son's dog lost so much weight the one and only time he was in kennels and was so stressed and upset he had to go to the vets when they picked him up, the kennels said he hadn't eaten the whole week. My dog would be very similar only he doesn't have any fat he can loose so kennels are out for him, he sleeps on our bed and does everything with us, however someone that will have him in their own home will be considered when we have our daughters wedding in sept. If cats/dogs are very close to their owner and house rather than yard/garden animals then being put in an outside 'cage' surrounded by other barking dogs must be terrifying for them. Maybe some will settle down but there are those that don't, our old jack russels used to stay with a gamekeeper freind of ours and they loved it, he would take them along with his dogs on his rounds and they didn't want to come home, they always stank of kennels though but had a great time.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #12
Jess222
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
just make sure that the care offered is similar to what they would have at home, there are people that care for pets in their own homes and if your pet isn't used to being outside or caged then they are worth looking at. My son's dog lost so much weight the one and only time he was in kennels and was so stressed and upset he had to go to the vets when they picked him up, the kennels said he hadn't eaten the whole week. My dog would be very similar only he doesn't have any fat he can loose so kennels are out for him, he sleeps on our bed and does everything with us, however someone that will have him in their own home will be considered when we have our daughters wedding in sept. If cats/dogs are very close to their owner and house rather than yard/garden animals then being put in an outside 'cage' surrounded by other barking dogs must be terrifying for them. Maybe some will settle down but there are those that don't, our old jack russels used to stay with a gamekeeper freind of ours and they loved it, he would take them along with his dogs on his rounds and they didn't want to come home, they always stank of kennels though but had a great time.
Yeah I see what you mean...Well before we go away I'm going to have a look at how big the cages are etc and what sort of facility they offer and talk to them more about it. Our cats do spend time outside as they have access to get out at all times and come and go as they please...My one cat tends to sleep outside a lot if the weather is dry anyway. They dont always see eye to eye you see and so thats why I'm going to look at the size of enclosure as if they are large enough to go in together we may do that and hope they bond but obviously if they are not getting on then the cattery could split them. If the enclosures are small then I would say have one each.

Mom to:

1 beardie - The Beast
3 cats (Bandit, Custard and Honey)

Jess222 is offline   Reply With Quote