Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > Aquatic, Semi-Aquatic, and Terrestrial Turtles

Old 14-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #11
Graham
Hatched

Mine came to me as a rehomer through a petshop and she would hardly eat anything I offered her, I think because she simply didn't recognise it as food, and I had no idea what she'd been fed on by her previous owner.
For a few weeks all she'd take was dried shrimp and she wasn't too enthusiastic about that, but now it's a firm favourite when she gets it as an occassional treat, and so are T-Rex pellets which she wouldn't even touch for the first 6 weeks or so. Red Bellies eat a lot of veg from quite an early age so it's probably worth trying yours on a variety to see if there's anything they like, mine likes the old favourite Duckweed, and I'm sure she's been eating the lily pads in the pond too.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
bruceleetortoise

i did get them to eat a prawn or 2 each yesterday, and they had a mealworm, i dont think it matters how fussy they are im sure every turtle will take a worm lol.
ill persevere with what im feeding them, im sure when there hungry enough they will start taking them, and i will definately try some veg as well, thanks for that!
Old 14-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #13
tortoiseguy
Sub Adult

They look great, id love to start getting some turtles, but need to stick to the tortoises for now
tortoiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #14
bruceleetortoise

why not have both??
Old 14-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

At their size Darren they are becoming more vegetarian. Try all the water plants mentioned and all the tortoises weeds. You can also try a pelleted food like Reptomin.

Danny