Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #11
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
Yes they 'bought' about 10 or 15 feet across the front of the property along with many trees and bushes. One of the things I asked for in our contract was for them to put up a retaining wall where they cut away my hill. They agreed to this, and gave me additional $$ to 'rent' ten more feet across the front for their wall building equipment. But I'll get that back when the wall is built. But this cut into my pond, which meant I had to allow it to evaporate and dry up. I have four big stock tanks full of turtles and fish. I can't get my pond back soon enough. It's a big job taking care of that much unfiltered water!

Well, I'd love to be able to post pictures but the powers that be here on this Forum don't deem me worthy of picture posting. I have a little message at the lower left of my screen telling me I can't post pictures. I have 4.3 full grown radiata. This will be the first year I will put them together, or, I should say, next year will be the first year. I've got a couple very experienced coaches helping me with the breeding (Zovikian and Sterant).

Well, back out to rake more leaves!
Wow that is quite a bit of your land to lose and it must be very difficult having to cope with terrapins and fish without your pond. Hope it doesn't take too long to construct your new one and that the road building work isn't too intrusive.

Sorry you can't post pictures I can't do it either so ask young Gordon to do it for me!

Take care - Mary
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #12
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Give it time I'm sure something else will fail.

This getting older really sucks 😕
Oh dear you poor old thing! Hope your leg's better otherwise you will join me at the physio.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Oh dear you poor old thing! Hope your leg's better otherwise you will join me at the physio.
Well it was better until I bent down today to pick up something and it's gone again.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #14
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
You are funny.

I seem to be infection free but I'm getting quite a lot of pain from where the hernia they originally gave me has been repaired. It feels like my skin is being torn but apart from that that part of me seems OK.

But I went into town on Wednesday and was doing a nice steady walk looking in shop windows for inspiration when for know reason I had a shooting pain in my calf muscle which stopped me in my tracks.
I stood still for a minute and no mater what I did it didn't ease off so I had to hobble to the bank and then got the other half to go and get my van as there was no way I was getting to the carpark. Well I eventually got home and rested it all day and Thursday and today I can just about walk.

This getting out for fresh air and some exercise is not good for you........
Here in the States there's a PSA on TV about the mesh they've been using for hernia repair going bad and needing to be replaced. I hope that's not the reason for your pain.

So what was wrong with your leg? Blood clot? Don't mess around - see the doctor!!!

Last edited by Yvonne G; 07-11-2021 at 04:33 PM.
Yvonne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #15
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Wow that is quite a bit of your land to lose and it must be very difficult having to cope with terrapins and fish without your pond. Hope it doesn't take too long to construct your new one and that the road building work isn't too intrusive.

Sorry you can't post pictures I can't do it either so ask young Gordon to do it for me!

Take care - Mary
I've emailed pictures to Gordon a couple times and have never received a response. I'm thinking he didn't get them.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:45 PM   #16
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
I've emailed pictures to Gordon a couple times and have never received a response. I'm thinking he didn't get them.
No idea where they went but didn't get to me. I have sent my email to you again.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:14 AM   #17
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
No idea where they went but didn't get to me. I have sent my email to you again.
Ok, I've just now emailed a test picture to you - 6/11/21 @ 5:14p PST
Old 07-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #18
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Well I'm not sure where it's going but still not got to me.
Are you sure your getting all the dots in.

Last edited by Gordon; 07-11-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

morning everyone ! dotties , nearly that time of year. sorry to hear your news yvonne. and Hope you but better Gordon, that sounds awful and a bit like my brother who then landed up in hospital with a blood clot ...on that happy note ! all the tortoises are mostly still in their houses as I haven't been out there to pack them away but the girls that hibernate naturally are all deep in their burrows outside so that's it for Winter then ! Sorry not been on here had lots of health issues and tracking down my biological family ! who are amazing x
Old 08-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #20
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Well I'm not sure if it got to you but still nothing here.