Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 06-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #11
Cap
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
I too use my heated greenhouse all year around. My tortoises even hibernate in the soil of the GH. Works well.
I keep the GH bubble wrapped to help keep in the heat in early Spring and the bright scorching sun off the torts during the Summer months.
My GH is on a footing of around four bricks high, and one brick missing from the front so my torts can come and go as they please during the good months. I just block it off when needed.
Hi
Would you be able to explain a bit about your greenhouse setting (may be a a picture of it if possible please)? I'm trying to build one so it can be used all year round. Thanks.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Hi
Would you be able to explain a bit about your greenhouse setting (may be a a picture of it if possible please)? I'm trying to build one so it can be used all year round. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the inside:0)
I keep the GH bubble wrapped as it keeps in extra heat, and the bright sunlight in the Summer.
The GH is set on bricks, with a footing for support for bricks. A brick is missing in the front so the tortoises can come and go as they please. When it comes to hibernation time, I put a briez block over the gap so they cant escape and bury down in the garden. Then just wind them down when temps are cold enough.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #13
Cap
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Here is a picture of the inside:0)
I keep the GH bubble wrapped as it keeps in extra heat, and the bright sunlight in the Summer.
The GH is set on bricks, with a footing for support for bricks. A brick is missing in the front so the tortoises can come and go as they please. When it comes to hibernation time, I put a briez block over the gap so they cant escape and bury down in the garden. Then just wind them down when temps are cold enough.

Thank you for that. That's really helpful.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote