Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
Kighill
Incubating

Default Just brought the tortoise in.

I checked my Hermanni Hermanni this morning having left them in hibernation a little longer than planned following advice on the forum. This is my first year hibernating them and they appear ok. I have brought them into the house on a tortoise table due to the planned new run still being in progress (I have all the materials but have not yet started building) also the new greenhouse requires erecting.
I have bathed them and some of them have eaten a little food.
I will be continuing the bathing and feed a little but often to get them going. Whilst setting the table up I unfortunately broke the Arcadia bulb (good job I had a spare) this was an expensive and clumsy mistake on my part which I will try not to do again.
I am very happy with the shells at the moment with no signs of pyramiding although they are coming up to two years old in May.
Come April if the new run is not complete I will but them into my temporary enclosure.
This year I will be hibernating them using the fridge method and will be more comfortable in leaving them a little longer. (Crikey I have only got them up today and I am planning on hibernation for 2017)
I hope everyone's hibernation is successful.

Last edited by Kighill; 20-02-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Kighill is offline   Reply With Quote