Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
tortlady
Egg

terry your hat and head are free to fight another day....til the next id debate lol
Old 30-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Now that thats all cleared up I agree with Jeff, both Tunisian males

Other than Hermanns what else was bandied about?

Danny
Old 30-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

Horsfields, Ibera, graeca, Other spur sub-species, Marginateds, Redfoots, Yellowfoots, Elongateds, Radiateds, Spiders, Stars, Egyptians, Pancakes, Leopards, Sulcatas, Hingebacks, Padlopers, Chacos, Aldabras, Galapogases, Impressed, Burmese Browns, Deserts, Texas, everything else possibly imagineable.

The North West Tortoise Group
Old 30-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

You have got to be kidding Danny is very perplexed There are some very strange people out there

Danny
Old 30-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
Henry-flash
Adult

I am, but its certainly been an experience.

Old 30-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #16
helen1
Sub Adult

Danny Peter is exaggerating....but not much...it has been an experience is all...
Old 31-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #17
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Peter as i have said on the other thread WELL DONE for bringing this up again else these tortoises might have been hibernated with awful results, you stick to your guns and believed they were not hermanns.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 31-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #18
gtm
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-flash
Horsfields, Ibera, graeca, Other spur sub-species, Marginateds, Redfoots, Yellowfoots, Elongateds, Radiateds, Spiders, Stars, Egyptians, Pancakes, Leopards, Sulcatas, Hingebacks, Padlopers, Chacos, Aldabras, Galapogases, Impressed, Burmese Browns, Deserts, Texas, everything else possibly imagineable.

It was a 'red letter day' in RFUK
Old 31-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #19
andyq1
Egg

Send a message via MSN to andyq1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-flash View Post
I'm just glad it's been clarified and hopefully now these tortoises will never be hibernated.
obviousley no they wont be

Quote:
Glad you agree, Jeff.

I fought the point on this months ago and the thread was recently ressurected and the whole thing started again. Sometimes its like talking to a brick wall!
if theese tortoises belonged to you and you had seen 2 exotic vets and they botn said the same species of yortoise i think you would have gone with their opinion,they also seen a noraml vet so i am sooooooooooooooooooooo flippin sorry for being crap at ID'ing then

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortlady
now now peter you never know who's reading lol
talk about poo stiring just when the people you think you know and like start a debate about u?????????? hmmm ,just get rid of one xxxx then the other takes the crown and throne im guessing i will be told off about tis comment

Quote:
Nope I know anyone can read it or I wouldn't have posted

Its just a little frustrating to go round and round and round in circles when the answer was right there at the beginning!
why not send a pm?????? in my opinion its better than back stabbing? like already said im not good with id i hold my hands up i had then id'd by 3 vets they all said the same,

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet
Pete I agree we all know they are Tunisans but someone doesn't ,thanks Jeff for your expert eye an clearing this up

D
yes thanks jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1
Peter I agree...I very nearly cracked up this week.....stone walls...much more durable...and usually thicker.
and you have cracked up about what helen? surley you can see my confusion as i did ask all vets about tunisian? or did i not make than clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64
Now that thats all cleared up I agree with Jeff, both Tunisian males

Other than Hermanns what else was bandied about?

Danny
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64
You have got to be kidding Danny is very perplexed There are some very strange people out there

Danny
YES EXTREMELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1
Danny Peter is exaggerating....but not much...it has been an experience is all...
the only thing they were from the vet was herman! then on here spur thigh./tunisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
Peter as i have said on the other thread WELL DONE for bringing this up again else these tortoises might have been hibernated with awful results, you stick to your guns and believed they were not hermanns.
sarah you were the first person to tell me tunisian well done you,! i got put off this when the 3 vets said herman and the rep sho they said horsfield, lmfao ok i knew they were not !

now looks like i am the discusion of the 2 forums for the gossipers,
you should all be able to see from my view tho 2 exotic vets saying the same thing HERMAN i know they r not from their tails now ,herman are more pointed theese r rounded!
i am crap at ID ing and havent a clue from the plastron ect not somthing i intened on looking into either,when sarah said they were tunisian a heck of a lot of time was spent researching them to ensure they were geting the care the required,
MARIE tortoboy rehomed one from me as a tunisian then she sugested we take them to another vet (the 3rd) to get another opinion we did she said hermann!
so they got cared for as hermans,they are all thriveing,

I MUST THREAT THO I WAS TOLD THAT TUNISIANS ARE TO DELICATE THATS Y I DID NOT THINK THEY WERE THEM,I WAS TOLD PUTING THEM OUT SIDE CAUSES 2 MUCH STRESS CHANGE OF TEMPS THE CAN GET RUNNY NOSE,THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH THEM THEY APEAR EXTERMELY HARDY THIS IS WHY ALONG WITH THE VETS OPINIONS WE THAUGHT THEY WERE HERMAN,THE PICTURES ARE RUBISH AND THE VET SAID WITHOUT RELI SEEING A TORTOISE ITS HARD TO ID THATS WHY WE BELIVED ALL 3. OK !

THANK YOU FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELPED AGAIN SURLEY YOU CAN SEE MY POINT THO?
OH AND AS MUCH AS I APRECHIATE THE HELP FROM YOU,FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS ME IN FUTURE PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO TAKE IT TO OFF TOPIC OF PM ME ME
WOULDNT WANT YOU TALKING TO YOUR SELFES OR CRACKING UP OR BANGIN UR HEAD AGAINST WALLS

SARAH THANKS AGAIN U WERE THE FIRST TO ID THEESE WHEN I GOT THEM.

thats all the input i have reguarding theese tortoises i belive they are tunisian and i have thanked you all for your help.i just hope you can see my point,
thanks to those who have helped
Old 31-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
Henry-flash
Adult

I'm locking this, the thread you posted this on at the other forum was locked so you have come here for an argument instead and pasted what you posted over there. You will not be getting the argument here either I'm afraid. If you have a problem with this PM me.

Closed Thread