Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 13-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #691
emma_mcraf
Adult

Hope all went okay with the surgeon yesterday. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #692
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
All seems good at the moment (now doomed) apart from I'm on probiotic capsules as with all the antibiotics my innards are very uncomfortable as in bad stomach ache. I'm off to see the surgeon on Tuesday so see what he has to say as I also have sort of ringing in my head and keep getting mild hearing problems which are all related to over indulgence with antibiotics.
drumming in ears I think that's not enough salt ?
Have a yogurt for breakfast as that settle tums all day and is soft gooey with good biotics. Girlies know these things. I hope you are ok , getting better little by little or big by big, CB
Old 24-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #693
Gordon
Adult

Well its Sunday and we all know what happens on a Sunday.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #694
tortydat
Sub Adult

No can't be it's a bank holiday!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 12:24 AM   #695
Gordon
Adult

Well that's operation number 10 out of the way.
I had one of my usual Sunday abscesses pop up with nice cellulitis thrown in for good measure.
Anyhow while I was being taken down for yet another getting very boring operation I said to the theatre porter I would love to be put to sleep in theatre as I have never seen one due to being knocked out b4 you go in to which he replied it's your lucky day as they are now putting people out in there as all the anaesthetic rooms are not being used due to corvid. And I must admit it was well smart lights lots of beeping instruments and stuff that you normally dont get to see, I was ever woken in there and stayed there for about half an hour then back to my nice side room so all in all something different
Old 26-05-2020, 04:11 AM   #696
Gordon
Adult

Well its nearly 3am and I was woken up and told I was moving wards due to my corvid test coming back ok. So apparently the ward I was on was a holding ward until your test comes through but nobody tells you these things they wait until you have finally dropped off to sleep then pounce.
Hospitals really aren't the place to get any rest whatsoever are they. If your not being moved its medication or doing your observations so now I have an hour before my next lot of blooming antibiotics then I will if I'm lucky another hour then it will be time to get up

I can see my reclining chair in the tortoises pen is going to get well used when I get home. And there you go a nurse just came into my room to get my notes so there is always a way to keep you awake bless them.
Old 26-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #697
emma_mcraf
Adult

I hope these ops can stop now you’ve reached double figures! Sounds like a real nightmare being woken constantly. Sleep is a great healer...just not in hospital!
Hope you’re soon back home and in your reclining chair. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #698
tortydat
Sub Adult

Oh goodness when did you have to go in later on Sunday or Monday morning? Hope you get home later today so that you can make good use of that chair. Take care and keep safe. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #699
Gordon
Adult

I gave in and agreed to go in very early on Monday morning thinking less people about which was the case I was the only one.
I have just seen the consultant and the lady surgeon wants me to stay in for 3 days but he seems to think one more at the most but could be out today as it is down to the microbiology team to see if I need any more antibiotics and if so does it come in tablets.
So might need more iv might need tablets might not so just a case of sitting and waiting to see what plan they come up with.
Old 26-05-2020, 09:48 PM   #700
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
Blimey!! You have been in the wars.. hope they set you free soon x
It's been a bit of a rollercoaster Kelly.
Well I'm home with a very deep hole which this time is stuffed as opposed to a drain so let's see what happens.